Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

Can you explain in more details on the first point?

I try nvda_drv=1 without nv_disable=1 after each modification.

After editing the kext, when you run the command

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

You should see something like this in the output

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

In your output you are only seeing FakeSMC.kext which means that the modifications you made to the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext were not saved because it still has a valid signature.

After editing the kext, when you run the command
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

You should see something like this in the output

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

In your output you are only seeing FakeSMC.kext which means that the modifications you made to the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext were not saved because it still has a valid signature.

I have checked, changes was saved. I tried to remove AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext and add it later by KextBeast. But I think I made wrong thing :) How can I fix this problem?

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Can't use AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext - not linked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Can't use NVDAResmanWeb.kext - not linked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.nvidia.web.NVDAGM100HalWeb; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Can't use NVDAResmanWeb.kext - not linked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]

Try reinstalling the Nvidia Web drivers

Intel i7 4790k
ASUS Sabertooth Mark 1 Z97
MSI GeForce GTX 970 OC

So I just setup a new system and was able to get the installer for El Capitan 10.11 directly from the USB. It booted just fine.

I then went ahead and installed the Nvidia Drivers for my MSI GeForce GTX 970 OC with drivers:346.03.02f02 installed onto the Hackintosh. Upon reboot and loading into Verbose, the system will show Sound assertion (slowly) and then gives me the issue of:

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

It just hangs from here.

Currently using MacPro3,1 or iMac14,2 with: nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes

Any help would be appreciated.

Intel i7 4790k
ASUS Sabertooth Mark 1 Z97
MSI GeForce GTX 970 OC

So I just setup a new system and was able to get the installer for El Capitan 10.11 directly from the USB. It booted just fine.

I then went ahead and installed the Nvidia Drivers for my MSI GeForce GTX 970 OC with drivers:346.03.02f02 installed onto the Hackintosh. Upon reboot and loading into Verbose, the system will show Sound assertion (slowly) and then gives me the issue of:

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

It just hangs from here.

Currently using MacPro3,1 or iMac14,2 with: nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes

Any help would be appreciated.

GraphicsEnabler=No

So I tried this new line:
nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=no

and it has the same error.

I do notice that it now shows the NVDAStartup.
Waiting for DSMOS...
IOGraphics flags 0x43
000002.290975 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::handleStart: unable to open interface
000002.298161 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
NVDAStartupWeb: Web
[IOBluetoothFamily][start] -- completed
NVDAGM100HAL loaded and registered
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1552
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2212
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 206
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 3593
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1088

Not sure if using Clover makes any difference.

So I tried this new line:
nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=no

Not sure if using Clover makes any difference.

It does make a difference because GraphicsEnabler is not a Clover boot argument. Make sure you have Inject/Nvidia/False and you can remove the GraphicsEnabler flag all together.

It does make a difference because GraphicsEnabler is not a Clover boot argument. Make sure you have Inject/Nvidia/False and you can remove the GraphicsEnabler flag all together.

Sorry, call me stupid but I don't know what you mean by Inject/Nvidia/False. Could you elaborate?

Actually an update.

I had to reinstall the OS in order to get it to boot. From there, I ran the 10.11.1 update via the Mac App Store and was able to successfully boot in.

I then installed the latest Nvidia Update, WebDriver-346.03.03f01.pkg

From there, I had Clover Configurator boot with nvda_drv=1 as the only setting/option enabled.

Boom!

Now on to testing for stability and what not. So far, so good!

IMG_0813.jpg

Try reinstalling the Nvidia Web drivers

It did not help. I can reinstall El Capitan but how can i sure what AppleGraphicsDeviceControl changes will be applied?

Back