Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem,
when loading it goes black as if I had an imac 17.1 but I have 14.2 in the profile. How did you solve it? After reading your post I returned to pass the multibeast 9.1 with no result :(

UPd.. Sorry for bad quote...im confused with another post :banghead:.... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-when-using-displayport-with-a-4k-display.221136/

My problem is just this ... I had not tried using the HDMI !!! Can DP be used with Palcal?

Upd 2... Curious ... when I connect the hdmi and dp at the same time, after logging with the hdmi if I change to DP on the monitor I can see osx as 2 screen ¿? ¿? The problem seems to be that Sierra understands HDMI as a primary connection ... that's why the screen was black .. I understand that Sierra does not activate the second display until login .. is there any way to say that the DP connection is the main one?

Thanks in advance....
Attached is my config.plist. Maybe you can spot something different and try copy and paste.

Eric

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 251
I am having the same problem, unable to get the NVIDIA Web Driver to load. Web driver installed, config.plist updated. I've tried lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I have had the Nvidia drivers working with this configuration on a prior install but I was having trouble with my NVME drive. Now I have the drive working as the boot disk but no matter what I try I can't get the Nvidia web drivers to load. Attached ioreg and config.plist.

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    79 KB · Views: 168
  • config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
I am having the same problem, unable to get the NVIDIA Web Driver to load. Web driver installed, config.plist updated. I've tried lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I have had the Nvidia drivers working with this configuration on a prior install but I was having trouble with my NVME drive. Now I have the drive working as the boot disk but no matter what I try I can't get the Nvidia web drivers to load. Attached ioreg and config.plist.

I forgot that I did a bios update and I've read confirmation that the update I installed breaks nvram. Going to do the Clover fix tomorrow.

I forgot that I did a bios update and I've read confirmation that the update I installed breaks nvram. Going to do the Clover fix tomorrow.
See Problem #6 in the first post for the solution.

I've successfully created a working Sierra external HD (platter) with working WebDrivers for my GTX 1060. It all seems to be working fine when booted. I've copied the EFI folder from the external HD EFI partition into my internal SSD EFI partition and now when I boot the SSD it gets to the end of the boot process (albeit slowly) and then the screen goes blank (still has signal). I've seen the solutions above but the external HD isn't using any of those and works fine.

What am I doing wrong. both are using the iMac 14,2 profile.

I'm having a similar problem with the GTX 950. I updated my NVIDIA drivers. The first boot stopped halfway through and went to a blank screen. The second time around, I was not able to get any output from the GTX 950 and had to switch to the integrated graphics output. Once again the boot stopped half-way through at a blank screen. When I used verbose logging, I saw the following:

upload_2017-5-7_13-4-23.png

Any suggestions?

Hey guys,

I have a hackintosh (macOS Sierra) with GTX 1070 on it. Today, I tried installing the new Nvidia web drivers as per the guide. Here are the steps that I followed.

1. Downloaded Nvidia drivers and installed them. No issues.
2. Restarted the computer but nothing changed. It wasn't using the new drivers.
3. Then I did this
a. Mount EFI Partition
b. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
c. Edit as shown below:

Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>
4. Restarted the computer, clover boot page came, selected macOS, and the Apple logo with loader showed up. Once the loader finished, my monitor turned off instead of the password screen.
5. Then I tried reverting the change by updating the config.plist to old version, which was this
Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
[B]<false/>[/B]
</dict>

Still no luck, the black screen is there.

I don't want to format the computer as I have a lot of stuff there. Any ideas about how to fix it?

You are using iMac17,1, did you apply any of the black screen fixes?

I'm stuck at problem 6, after doing all the steps i still boot with OS X default driver option. Could it be a motherboard issue? I'm running a HD3 H170 with a GTX 1060

I'm stuck at problem 6, after doing all the steps i still boot with OS X default driver option. Could it be a motherboard issue? I'm running a HD3 H170 with a GTX 1060

Zip and attach your EFI folder

Back