Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Slim.jim,
I have tried what you suggested, even went back through and did every step as recommended in fix #6 and still cannot get off of OS X Default Graphics driver. And, from the post above, I'm not alone. Any other ideas?

Also of note: pulling the system report shows a generic card
View attachment 252255

Now, I am completely lost. Is this a BIOS thing or a Clover/Boot setting. Thanks for the help.

Disable onboard iGPU in the BIOS and remove inject intel from Config. Never a good idea to have both IGPU & Dedicated Graphics enabled at the same time makes no sense to do so. Swappable Graphics is not supported on a hackintosh.

Disable onboard iGPU in the BIOS and remove inject intel from Config. Never a good idea to have both IGPU & Dedicated Graphics enabled at the same time makes no sense to do so. Swappable Graphics is not supported on a hackintosh.
I've done removed the IGPU in BIOS. and now only see the Nvidia card, but shows only 8 MB of vram. Still revers to OS X default drivers.

Graphics Single Hack.jpeg

I've done removed the IGPU in BIOS. and now only see the Nvidia card, but shows only 8 MB of vram. Still revers to OS X default drivers.

View attachment 252275

Nvidia chip 8mb indicates that inject Nvidia/Yes should be No with newer Nvidia Cards. Attach config.

Attachments

• Troubled Hackintosh.ioreg
    8.9 MB · Views: 105
The new Multibeast fixed the problems! Now to test audio, etc, but I am working with the card! Big shout out to VoiletDragon, Slim.Jim and Pink Tank!

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem,
when loading it goes black as if I had an iMac 17.1 but I have 14.2 in the profile. How did you solve it? After reading your post, I returned to pass the MultiBeast 9.1 with no result :(

Update.. Sorry for bad quote...I'm confused with another post :banghead:.... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-when-using-displayport-with-a-4k-display.221136/

My problem is just this ... I had not tried using the HDMI !!! Can DP be used with Pascal?

Update 2... Curious ... when I connect the HDMI and DP at the same time, after logging with the HDMI if I change to DP on the monitor I can see OS X as 2 screen ¿? ¿? The problem seems to be that Sierra understands HDMI as a primary connection ... that's why the screen was black .. I understand that Sierra does not activate the second display until login .. is there any way to say that the DP connection is the main one?

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:
I have an unsolved NVIDIA problem.
posted also here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-x99-gioscreenlockstate-error.220308/page-2#post-1492068

I made a clean install of 10.11.4., installed the new NVIDIA Web Driver, activated with the new method, fixed NVRAM problem (#6), still can't boot without boot-option nv_disable activated. If not activated the boot process stops at the gioScreenLockstate Error and loops in endless booting (with no verbose anymore).

Attached my config.plist.

My system: ASUS Z170I board, i7 6700K, EVGA 1080

help appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 156
Back