Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Choose one, you cannot expect it to work in both UEFI and Legacy mode.
With your motherboard you should be using UEFI mode, delete (or rename) the /EFI folder on your system disk.
Gotcha. Okay, I removed the /EFI folder from my main system disk. I've attached the config.plist from my mounted EFI partition. Just in case I might be doing something wrong. Trying to diagnose, but it seems that everything I do results in no change...

I have one other solution that might work. I'm currently booting off an external HDD via USB 3.0 but it might not be using UEFI. However, I did change everything to boot UEFI yesterday so I doubt that's the issue.

Edit: Just decided to stick it in my case and connect via SATA. Still no change. I also keep re-attempting the solution for Problem 6.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 179
  • EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
To people having problem with emulating nvram, have you checked install RC scripts on boot drive on clover installation? Download clover installer and make sure it is checked under customize.
I know that I have at least been doing that. Last night I ended up selecting an incorrect option using Clover where I thought it would install/boot off the EFI partition instead of the main system HDD. Now it won't boot so I'll just re-install it tonight after work

Gotcha. Okay, I removed the /EFI folder from my main system disk. I've attached the config.plist from my mounted EFI partition. Just in case I might be doing something wrong. Trying to diagnose, but it seems that everything I do results in no change...

I have one other solution that might work. I'm currently booting off an external HDD via USB 3.0 but it might not be using UEFI. However, I did change everything to boot UEFI yesterday so I doubt that's the issue.

Edit: Just decided to stick it in my case and connect via SATA. Still no change. I also keep re-attempting the solution for Problem 6.

If you have attempted the solution in Problem #6 then you have not done it right because the EmuVariableUEFI-64 is not present in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.

Hey Eric, have you installed EmuVariableUEFI in clover installer? and then if that doesn't help, add the AGDPfix.app?

AGDPFix is not needed for iMac14,2

If you have attempted the solution in Problem #6 then you have not done it right because the EmuVariableUEFI-64 is not present in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
I also cant get the EmuVariableUEFI-64 to work, and believe me, ive tried. I followed the steps exactly multiple times, stillno luck. Any ideas?

Slim.jim,
I have tried what you suggested, even went back through and did every step as recommended in fix #6 and still cannot get off of OS X Default Graphics driver. And, from the post above, I'm not alone. Any other ideas?

Also of note: pulling the system report shows a generic card
System Report.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back