Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

ok, thank you. and this command clean also if I'm using emuviableuefi64?
Look at the root of your partitions for a file called nvram.plist and delete those too.
They will be recreated when you next boot.

Hi everybody,

I have problems getting the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. After the verbose boot text, my monitor turns off or turns black. There also isn’t any output on HDMI and Display Port monitors.

I am running macOS Sierra, installed with Unibeast and Multibeast. As SMBios I have tried iMac14,2 and iMac15,2.

My computer specs are as follows:
Laptop type: Dell Precision M6700
CPU: i7 3740QM
GPU: Nividia Quadro K4000m (Kepler architecture)
Chipset: Intel QM77

I have tried the following to get this to work:
1. The Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts
2. Shilohh’s AGDPFix
3. Creating a custom SSDT with Shilohh’s guide (I did not manage to get the GPU named correctly in IORegistryExplorer)
4. The steps from problem 6 here
5. Reinstalling the drivers and trying everything again
6. PCIRootUID=0 & PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 & npci=0x3000
7. Injecting NVIDIA with Clover. Both with and without a generic name.

Do you guys maybe have tips on how to make this work? I would really appreciate it.

Hi everybody,

I have problems getting the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. After the verbose boot text, my monitor turns off or turns black. There also isn’t any output on HDMI and Display Port monitors.

I am running macOS Sierra, installed with Unibeast and Multibeast. As SMBios I have tried iMac14,2 and iMac15,2.

My computer specs are as follows:
Laptop type: Dell Precision M6700
CPU: i7 3740QM
GPU: Nividia Quadro K4000m (Kepler architecture)
Chipset: Intel QM77

I have tried the following to get this to work:
1. The Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts
2. Shilohh’s AGDPFix
3. Creating a custom SSDT with Shilohh’s guide (I did not manage to get the GPU named correctly in IORegistryExplorer)
4. The steps from problem 6 here
5. Reinstalling the drivers and trying everything again
6. PCIRootUID=0 & PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 & npci=0x3000
7. Injecting NVIDIA with Clover. Both with and without a generic name.

Do you guys maybe have tips on how to make this work? I would really appreciate it.

This section of the forum is for desktop graphics only.

Hi everybody,

I hoping someone can lend a helping hand. I've read and re-read all of the possible issues associated to installing the web drivers for pascal support for my GTX1070 and for the life of me, I am unable to prevent my 4k Samsung TV from losing signal half way through OS X boot. I've tried multiple solutions, kext additions etc with no luck. Anyone have a thread they've found that can help or any input?

Specs:
1) 6700K I7 Skylake
2) Gigagbyte GTX 1070 G1 8GB
3) Mobo: Azrock Z170 Formula OC
4) 120GB Samsung SSD
5) 16 GB G.skill trident DDR ram

Summary:
1) I've successfully installed Sierra, updated to 10.12.4, downloaded the Nvidia drivers and installed them. My ethernet works obviously but I am unable to boot now unless I use NV_Disable=1. If I don't use this flag, I lose video signal half way through OS booting/loading on progress bar. If I can provide any additional information to assist please let me know.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I hoping someone can lend a helping hand. I've read and re-read all of the possible issues associated to installing the web drivers for pascal support for my GTX1070 and for the life of me, I am unable to prevent my 4k Samsung TV from losing signal half way through OS X boot. I've tried multiple solutions, kext additions etc with no luck. Anyone have a thread they've found that can help or any input?

Specs:
1) 6700K I7 Skylake
2) Gigagbyte GTX 1070 G1 8GB
3) Mobo: Azrock Z170 Formula OC
4) 120GB Samsung SSD
5) 16 GB G.skill trident DDR ram

Summary:
1) I've successfully installed Sierra, updated to 10.12.4, downloaded the Nvidia drivers and installed them. My ethernet works obviously but I am unable to boot now unless I use NV_Disable=1. If I don't use this flag, I lose video signal half way through OS booting/loading on progress bar. If I can provide any additional information to assist please let me know.

Update *** After using my wife's MacBook Pro and screen sharing, I can see that the system accurately identifies the GTX 1070, sets the resolution to 4k at 60hz as well. Considering this, it's working...just not on my TV. Any thoughts? Trying a non 4k tv to see how that works.

Update 2
So I've now narrowed it down to HDMI 2.0. It appears I'm going to need to purchase a DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 cable. When I switched HDMI ports on my TV a 4k signal comes up but limited to 30hertz. More to come!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've now narrowed it down to HDMI 2.0. It appears I'm going to need to purchase a DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 cable. When I switched HDMI ports on my TV a 4k signal comes up but limited to 30hertz. More to come!
Correct. HDMI 2.0 is not supported by macOS. You can try the Pixel Clock Patch V2. Not sure if it works with Pascal though.

Alright, I've read through about 50 pages of this thread and have definitely learned quite a bit. However, I'm still unable to get my 1070 working with my build. I have installed the latest Nvidia Web Drivers. It still stays on the default OS X Graphics driver, however I have attempted to solve this my using the solutions stated in Problem 6 and 4 in the 1st post. To no avail. I have also cleared my NVRAM and edited my config.plist accordingly. I've read that some people might be editing the wrong config.plist so I edited both the EFI mounted one as well as the one in my EFI folder on my main HDD. I've attached my config.plist and a couple screenshots that hopefully might help.

Any insight as to what could be my issue would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: I'm also using a monitor connected over HDMI 1.4 so I believe that is compatible. Everything works fine on my iGPU HD530.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 4.34.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 4.34.56 PM.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 4.33.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 4.33.53 PM.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 156
I've read that some people might be editing the wrong config.plist so I edited both the EFI mounted one as well as the one in my EFI folder on my main HDD.

Choose one, you cannot expect it to work in both UEFI and Legacy mode.
With your motherboard you should be using UEFI mode, delete (or rename) the /EFI folder on your system disk.

Still no luck getting the EMU64-Variable to work. Maybe because I havent run Multibeast? Only problem is, when I do that, my internet stops working. I have a gigabyte g1 gaming mobo and a MSI 08G GTX 1080. Custom PCB, if that matters.

Back