i7 4790k
Graphics
rx 480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello all!!
my laptop can block igpu and use only gtx 1060 in windows, is that mean i can drive gtx 1060 in macos using this webdriver?

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello all!!
my laptop can block igpu and use only gtx 1060 in windows, is that mean i can drive gtx 1060 in macos using this webdriver?

This is section of the forum is desktop graphics support only. Please post in the laptop section of the forum.

Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i5 3.2GH/z
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is section of the forum is desktop graphics support only. Please post in the laptop section of the forum.
Hey slimjim, just got my pcie connector for my MSI 1050ti 4gb and I've been trying to get it working. I seem to affected by the black screen issue, about halfway though the loading bar my screen goes black and I get no signal. Using iMac 14,3 inject intel/nvidia are both false. Bios is set for discrete, web drivers are installed and nvram is working fine(when booting with igpu I can see that web driver is still selected). Tried graphics enabler kext and lilu, as well as the clover edit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey slimjim, just got my pcie connector for my MSI 1050ti 4gb and I've been trying to get it working. I seem to affected by the black screen issue, about halfway though the loading bar my screen goes black and I get no signal. Using iMac 14,3 inject intel/nvidia are both false. Bios is set for discrete, web drivers are installed and nvram is working fine(when booting with igpu I can see that web driver is still selected). Tried graphics enabler kext and lilu, as well as the clover edit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

What port are you using on the card?

Motherboard
ASRock H110m-HDV
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
Asus GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I've finally had the time to do a fresh install on my recent build, now that Pascal support is out.

I followed all the usual steps:
1. BIOS Settings
2. UniBeast install
3. Multibeast and Clover Install (along with the replacement for nvda_drv=1 detailed here
4. Installed the Web Drivers for 10.12.3 I found over at https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
5. Installed the latest CUDA driver from NVIDIA

I'm facing a few issues, including no Ethernet, no sound, and no wifi even though I have a supported (supposed to be ootb support) wifi usb dongle.

The main issue though is that I am just not able to get the web drivers to work. On the clover boot menu, if I navigate to Options>Graphics, I can see my card there. But once I boot into MacOS, even though the web drivers are selected in the preference pane in System Preferences, I still get Display 8MB in the About my Mac window.

The NVIDIA pref pane doesn't detect my GPU and CUDA also shows No GPU detected

If anyone has faced this issue or knows how how to solve it, please please let me know.

My Build:
CPU - i5 6600
Motherboard - ASRock H110m-HDV
Graphics - ASUS GTX 1060 6GB

My config.plist can be found here

A screenshot of my system report can be found here

Things I have tried:
1. Added iMac 14,2 to the config since that was strangely missing, and have tried the steps to fix "Problem 6"
2. Set primary graphics to "onboard" in BIOS

Note: In my CSM settings in BIOS, I have CSM for storage set to Legacy only, while for video it is set to UEFI only, not sure if this affects things.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The main issue though is that I am just not able to get the web drivers to work. On the clover boot menu, if I navigate to Options>Graphics, I can see my card there. But once I boot into MacOS, even though the web drivers are selected in the preference pane in System Preferences, I still get Display 8MB in the About my Mac window.

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

Disable integrated graphics in your BIOS settings - Set PEG as Primary.

Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i5 3.2GH/z
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What port are you using on the card?
I'm using HDMI, also tried my display port to hdmi adapter. Don't have a vga(maybe dvi?) port on my tv.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using HDMI, also tried my display port to hdmi adapter. Don't have a vga(maybe dvi?) port on my tv.

Attach your config.plist

Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i5 3.2GH/z
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Attach your config.plist
here you are. bit of a mess, i used clover config to generate a new one and then re-added all my needed edits.

Edit

So some weird things... with clover set to nvidiaweb false and inject intel on booting with igfx, OS X recognizes the card fully, and if I plug in (still connected to igfx) a second hdmi cable to the card and my tv I can get it working. I was able to switch to it independently but then I tried to change it to 3240x2160 and then I got no signal. Wasn't able to revert with just the card on and that's when I started trying with the multiple hdmi cables. My tv is running of the cable connected to the igfx the whole time

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock H110m-HDV
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
Asus GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

Disable integrated graphics in your BIOS settings - Set PEG as Primary.

Sorry about that, I'll make sure to post image directly here next time.

I tried setting my primary graphics to PCIe, and disabled multi-monitor support (which basically force enables the onboard graphics) in my BIOS, but without any luck. I still can't get MacOS to recognise my GPU.