CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11 Gig
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i just did another fresh install of sierra out of fustration. the install always goes right but i can never load the nvidia drivers. following Problem#6 steps, im finding out that when i try to install the newest version of clover 4049, it never updates the one multibeast installs for me during post install. when i boot the pc i still see the version from the multibeast version 3270 instead of it showing the new 4049. i have ocnfirmed using clover configurator that im loading the EFI of the primary disk when installing clover 2049 but i think its installing it to the same partition of my sierra install. what im i doing wrong?

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i just did another fresh install of sierra out of fustration. the install always goes right but i can never load the nvidia drivers. following Problem#6 steps, im finding out that when i try to install the newest version of clover 4049, it never updates the one multibeast installs for me during post install. when i boot the pc i still see the version from the multibeast version 3270 instead of it showing the new 4049. i have ocnfirmed using clover configurator that im loading the EFI of the primary disk when installing clover 2049 but i think its installing it to the same partition of my sierra install. what im i doing wrong?

It should be installed to the EFI partition of your Sierra install. Remove any USB install drives and set the correct boot device in your bios.

Are you by any chance dual booting?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It should be installed to the EFI partition of your Sierra install. Remove any USB install drives and set the correct boot device in your bios.

Are you by any chance dual booting?

Yes i am dual booting windows 10 and sierra. i did remove all usb drives on my last install attempt but what i havent done yet is disable all the internal drives i have. i currently have 3 drives in my setup. one for sierra, one for windows 10 and the last for storage. i will disable all drives but one. and try it again. i dont know why im having such a problem with this.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes i am dual booting windows 10 and sierra. i did remove all usb drives on my last install attempt but what i havent done yet is disable all the internal drives i have. i currently have 3 drives in my setup. one for sierra, one for windows 10 and the last for storage. i will disable all drives but one. and try it again. i dont know why im having such a problem with this.

One thing that I have to do to dual boot each time I update Clover is to copy the CLOVERX64.efi file from EFI/EFI/CLOVER and paste it in the EFI/Microsoft/Boot folder. Then rename the existing bootmgfw.efi file to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Then rename the CLOVERX64.efi that you copied to bootmgfw.efi. This will allow Clover to show the proper version when at the clover boot menu about screen.

Your drive setup is similar to mine. My macOS and clover are both on a M.2 SSD and Windows 10 is on a separate SSHD. I also have two HDDs in a RAID0 that I use for my scratch disk.

aol

Motherboard
MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's helpful to think of booting the OS as two distinct booting steps, one which boots Clover, and one which boots your OS. Your OS can be on any logical partition of any disk, and Clover is typically in the EFI partition of a physical disk. You can boot clover off the EFI partition of your Windows physical disk, and boot macOS off it's logical partition, and any combination thereof. Your BIOS controls where you boot Clover from, or you can override it typically with F12. When we install macOS we typically create a USB key and install Clover there, then boot off it until we install Clover to the EFI partition of the macOS physical disk. In a single physical disk environment it's very easy, there's just one EFI partition and you can't confuse anything mostly. With more than one physical disk (USB key is considered a physical disk) you can potentially boot Clover from any physical disk. And technically you can install Clover to the EFI partition -OR- to the non-EFI partition, so for all anyone knows you could have two (or more! one per logical partition!) on each physical disk.

So, when you think you've installed a particular version of Clover but the Clover control panel reports a different version, you don't understand which Clover you're booting, or the disk has a Clover installed in the non-EFI partition and your BIOS is not set up to boot EFI. Investigate your BIOS to understand which physical disk it's booting. Temporarily use F12 to override. Double check that there is no non-EFI-installed Clover on any logical partition.

Hopefully this is taken as helpful. I'm not trying to tell you your business.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's helpful to think of booting the OS as two distinct booting steps, one which boots Clover, and one which boots your OS. Your OS can be on any logical partition of any disk, and Clover is typically in the EFI partition of a physical disk. You can boot clover off the EFI partition of your Windows physical disk, and boot macOS off it's logical partition, and any combination thereof. Your BIOS controls where you boot Clover from, or you can override it typically with F12. When we install macOS we typically create a USB key and install Clover there, then boot off it until we install Clover to the EFI partition of the macOS physical disk. In a single physical disk environment it's very easy, there's just one EFI partition and you can't confuse anything mostly. With more than one physical disk (USB key is considered a physical disk) you can potentially boot Clover from any physical disk. And technically you can install Clover to the EFI partition -OR- to the non-EFI partition, so for all anyone knows you could have two (or more! one per logical partition!) on each physical disk.

So, when you think you've installed a particular version of Clover but the Clover control panel reports a different version, you don't understand which Clover you're booting, or the disk has a Clover installed in the non-EFI partition and your BIOS is not set up to boot EFI. Investigate your BIOS to understand which physical disk it's booting. Temporarily use F12 to override. Double check that there is no non-EFI-installed Clover on any logical partition.

well said.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Ive been careful to install only to the sirrera disk but im not sure what partition, the efi partition has an efi folder but so does my sierra partition too. what im going to do once i get home is unplug all the other 2 drives i have and leave only the m2 sierra drive in then do a fresh install and update clover to 4204.

Motherboard
Mac Pro (Early 2008)
CPU
2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Who makes the card? I know it is an Nvidia card but who is the manufacturer. IE: Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc...

Help me help you.
Ooh yea sorry Its MSI

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ooh yea sorry Its MSI

If you are not able to see anything at all until the system boots then you need to set the PEG as the primary video device in your bios.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-UD5H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
These steps below helped fix my nvidia web driver from changing back after reboot...
note i did both so not suer which one worked.

How to Install the Web Drivers:

In order to use the alternate drivers on a CustoMac, you must first install the driver package.

As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover. It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which will not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition

2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro

3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>YES</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<true/>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

</dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary

5. Save and reboot

This also could help you...

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.

This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.

Fix: setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

Download the latest Clover installer pkg here, launch the installer and choose customize here:

After that make sure you have selected EmuVariableUefi-64:

Proceed with the Clover upgrade install and reboot when done. After the reboot open up your system preferences and go the the Nvidia Driver Manager. It is a good idea to make sure you have the most up to date driver so go to the updates tab and click the Check Now button. If there is an update, perform the update and reboot when it tell you to. You should be done at this point. If there isn't an update proceed to the next step.

If there was no upgrade, click on the Graphics Drivers tab and then choose the radio button next to the NVIDIA Web Drive. Reboot.

Once rebooted, it should say that you are using the NVIDIA web driver. If it is not working still then you may need to re-run the Clover installer and select "Install RC scripts on target volume".

----------------------------

Please let me know of any other errors you are encountering and I will update this post with solutions.

Attachments

• NVIDIA WEB DRIVER INS IMPORTANT 2017.rtfd.zip
    80.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited: