Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi guys, having a heck of a time getting my system set up. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card in my mother board, and I can see the OS via the HDMI, but it's stuck at 800x600 rez. I loaded the NVIDIA Drivers up, rebooted and when I check the ECC tab all my slots are showing NO DEVICE FOUND / EMPTY.

Any help?

Hi guys, having a heck of a time getting my system set up. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card in my mother board, and I can see the OS via the HDMI, but it's stuck at 800x600 rez. I loaded the NVIDIA Drivers up, rebooted and when I check the ECC tab all my slots are showing NO DEVICE FOUND / EMPTY.

Any help?
How does about this Mac report your card?

Hi @slim.jim - Under about this Macit reports it as 'Graphics: Displays 5MB' and under System Report I see:

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 5 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1380

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Now, I'll say that it one point it properly reported my GPU by name and model number, but I've been messing around in Clover trying to get it to properly see the card and load the drivers. At no point did it recognize the card to the point it worked properly.

Update: I physically moved the card to slot 1 (had it on 2) and the system now properly sees it.

Question: Now that I have the system stable. Is there a way to capture all of the settings and KEXT's I loaded in so I can use the same recipe for success if I need to rebuild it for any reason?

Update: I physically moved the card to slot 1 (had it on 2) and the system now properly sees it.

Question: Now that I have the system stable. Is there a way to capture all of the settings and KEXT's I loaded in so I can use the same recipe for success if I need to rebuild it for any reason?

I keep an old 128MB flash drive with a copy of the EFI folder from my Clover install on it. That way if anything ever stops it from booting I can usually recover it by booting from that. Updating Windows often messes up booting Clover.

I just installed the drivers and followed all instructions yet when I restart the machine I get a no signal message half way through my OS boot, could you please explain how to fix this or why it might be happening. I have a 980

I am also currently booting in recovery as I have no other options to reach the OS.

I just installed the drivers and followed all instructions yet when I restart the machine I get a no signal message half way through my OS boot, could you please explain how to fix this or why it might be happening. I have a 980

I am also currently booting in recovery as I have no other options to reach the OS.

What system profile are you using?

I have have the same problem. I'm running 10.12.3 Sierra and using NVIDIA Web drivers 367.15.10.35f01. I get the blank screen and halfway progress bar on the Apple Logo Load.

I've got everything else working: NIC, Sound... just the vid driver isn't quite right

Back