Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I don't read 160 Pages of this thread
and
because I have read for many post.
Use Nv_disable=1 for OSX install
Do NOT INJECT NVIDIA

and when Nvidia web drivers are installed
remove Nv_Disable and add nvda_drv=1 in config.plist (and recently using NvidiaWeb instead of nvda_drv=1)

In fact, after used all solutions to detect my Graphics, had always 0, 5 or 7 Megabyte (instead of 4096).

What I did is installing without any param's for nvidia then configure config.plist to inject nvidia !!!
I use only a part of "Solution 6"
without installing an update clover new version
(I just install the EFI driver with Clover Configurator)

because New clover destroy 3 fresh install of Sierra with NVMe installed

I don't already understand why many users of Gigabyte GTX 9xx do not mention
the problem I had, maybe it's specific to my GTX980 ??

Best regards
Denis

Infact Problem #6 about nvram
is the same but
the solution is different of page 1 and work just fine and esay when you read it
and i don't kwow exacly why Clover_v2.3k_r3994 broke 3 fresh install to try to found the right install cllover but noway
so i do no recommand install this clover version

Mulibeast 9,01 use Clover_v2.3k_r3766 and have the driver EmuVariableUefi-64 ready to install like i describe

I have dell M7510 with Quadro M2000M. Successfully installed Nvidia web driver and enable QI/CE.
Looks great, but one big problem is if I leave the laptop untouched for a while, it go to sleep mode (that's normal) but then when I wake it up (push keyboard or power button, nothing happens then (the keyboard does light up).
Doubting that's the problem comes from Nvidia card. Any suggestion, please ?
Hi, I have a Thinkpad P50 with Quadro M2000M as well. I already disabled my iGPU in BIOS and I cannot get my dGPU working. Would you briefly explain what you did to me please? Thank you sooooo much.

I would REALLY appreciate some help.

Here are my specs:
CPU: 6800k
Mobo: ASUS A II
GPU: 980 TI

I've got the Hackintosh running, but I can't seem to get the GPU to run...when I install the latest sierra drivers and reboot, all I get is a bunch of colored lines all over the screen once OSX loads. Can't see anything. Doing nv_disable=1 boots no problem.
I've tried to understand editing the nvdastartup.kext file, but clearly something isn't working. Every time I try and install the older web drivers I just get an error saying my build isn't compatible. I would seriously appreciate some help with this. If there's any information I forgot to give, let me know. I'm fairly new to this so I may have missed some stuff.

I'm booting with nvda_drv=1, npci=0x2000 and kext-dev-mode=1.
I'm on 10.12.3 SMBIOS model mac pro 6,1

EDIT:
I'm not positive what I did, but now I can install the web drivers (latest ones) without the colored lines, but it doesn't use them or recognize the GPU. Even when using nvda_drv=1. I know the GPU is in the case correctly because my windows partition (on a whole separate drive) can read and use the 980TI.

Last edited:
Ok im good now!
But i think i have problems with color calibration
Actually my hackintosh for default is using HD 709 profile.. But i see colors little bit strange. I tried calibration but this dont help.
Any advice??

Ok im good now!
But i think i have problems with color calibration
Actually my hackintosh for default is using HD 709 profile.. But i see colors little bit strange. I tried calibration but this dont help.
Any advice??

What monitor do you have?

I would REALLY appreciate some help.

Here are my specs:
CPU: 6800k
Mobo: ASUS A II
GPU: 980 TI

I've got the Hackintosh running, but I can't seem to get the GPU to run...when I install the latest sierra drivers and reboot, all I get is a bunch of colored lines all over the screen once OSX loads. Can't see anything. Doing nv_disable=1 boots no problem.
I've tried to understand editing the nvdastartup.kext file, but clearly something isn't working. Every time I try and install the older web drivers I just get an error saying my build isn't compatible. I would seriously appreciate some help with this. If there's any information I forgot to give, let me know. I'm fairly new to this so I may have missed some stuff.

I'm booting with nvda_drv=1, npci=0x2000 and kext-dev-mode=1.
I'm on 10.12.3 SMBIOS model mac pro 6,1

EDIT:
I'm not positive what I did, but now I can install the web drivers (latest ones) without the colored lines, but it doesn't use them or recognize the GPU. Even when using nvda_drv=1. I know the GPU is in the case correctly because my windows partition (on a whole separate drive) can read and use the 980TI.

nvda_drv=1 doesn't activate the drivers in Sierra. You must use the new method mentioned in the sticky threads.

Back