Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

Hello,
I'm on 10.10.4 Cuda + web driver installed (last version) but cuda kext is not loading. I have nvda_drv=1

Then, Davinci Resolve 11 doesn't want to open now...

Any idea how to fix the loading of the kext ?

Capture d’écran 2015-08-07 à 18.42.53.jpgCapture d’écran 2015-08-07 à 18.43.47.jpg

Hello,
I'm on 10.10.4 Cuda + web driver installed (last version) but cuda kext is not loading. I have nvda_drv=1

Then, Davinci Resolve 11 doesn't want to open now...

Any idea how to fix the loading of the kext ?

View attachment 146228View attachment 146229

Your kext is loaded but it could just be an incompatibility issue with Resolve. Resolve is not something I use so I can't really help you there.

Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1
i5 4690K
EVGA GTX 960
2x4GB Crucial Ballistix

I listed my components in case it would help. I am using Chimera/Chameleon with MacPro3,1 as my system identifier. The driver installed just fine but when I enable it and rebooted I would lose video during the OS loading. I also made sure nvda_drv=1 was added to the boot plist. The only way I can get back to the desktop is by using the nv_disable=1 bootflag. Any suggestions? Let me know if you need any other info. I am not sure where to go now.

HI, my hack:

i7 4770
gpu: gygabite gtx 970 itx 4gb....

my version is 10.10.3, i'm using clover...
SMbios: imac14,1

i installed de last version nVidia web driver for my version off yosemite (346.01.02f04),
when boot with -v nvda_drvr=1 ket-dev-mode=1, my hack reboot after loading kexts/before login screen.

Only boot with nv_disable=1.

I's very dificult for my.

Help mee?

Yay the 10.10.5 driver does away with the hardware and OS checks! It installed no problem on my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 without the 750 Ti physically installed and using iMac 13,1 system definition. :headbang:

This is correct. I just looked at the distribution file and it only checks for the OS X build number. Sweet!

I will update the op.

Problem 1: Computer not supported error
This is caused by the system definition not being MacPro3,1/4,1/5,1.

Fix: Edit the "Distribution" file within the package using the Flat Package Editor.

1. Download the Flat Package Editor (FPE) from Apple: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action
  2. Login and search for "Auxillary Tools"
  3. Download the "Late July 2012" dmg
  4. Mount the dmg and right click Package Maker to show the package contents
  5. Browse to /Contents/Resources and copy the FPE to your Applications or Utilities folder
  6. Open the NVIDIA Web Driver package using the Flat Package Editor
  7. Drag the Distribution file to your desktop
  8. Open the Distribution file using TextEdit
  9. Scroll down to the line: var system_models = ["MacPro3,1", "MacPro4,1", "MacPro5,1"];
  10. Add your system ID.
  11. Make sure that you don't use smart quotes which look like italicized quotation marks.
  12. Save the Distribution file
  13. Go back to FPE and delete the Distribution file from that window
  14. Drag the edited Distribution file to the FPE window and save the package, command+S
  15. Run the package and you shouldn't get the error.
NOTE: Once the drivers are installed this doesn't matter anymore and you can use any system definition you like and it will update fine.​

Thank you for your instructions. It was much needed in order for me to resolve this error on my 10.9.5 OS X install (via GTX 480, X58) when trying to update Web Driver 334.01.03f04.
One suggestion I would like to advise is to do away with #'s 9 thru 11 and just replace with this:
Delete the following two lines:

if (!validateHardware()) return false;
if (!validateSoftware()) return false;

Thanks again

for the solution of problem 4

is it possible to patch it by editing clover's config.plist?
or it's necessary to modify it directly

thanks!

I upgraded to 10.10.5 from 10.10.4 and now my nvidia card is no working (black screen after boot).
I was able top get to the desktop using nv_disable=1 and updated my drivers. i tried the f01 and b01 drivers but I still get the same. If I completely uninstall the web drivers, I can boot to the desktop but there is no acceleration and no nvidia (geforce or nv*) kext is loaded.
Has anyone any ideas on this?
I am using a Quadro 2000m and my smbios is MacBook Pro 8,1.
When on 10.10.4 I was able to use the nvidia driver although I had to stick with the beta as the official release cause same black screen.

Hi
I got it working using the old beta drivers off 10.10.4.
I used NvidiaWebModder.sh to set the package to usable on 10.10.5.
I then installed the beta drivers and after the message came up saying that I was using incompatible drivers and would be forced to use OSX official drivers, i then ran Nvidiawebmodder.sh with the -skip-verification flag.
After a reboot the system came up using the nvidia web drivers :)

Back