Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Motherboard
GA-Z77-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
I know your OS build isn't listed there but you can always install the beta drivers because they do not check the full build number. They only check the first three characters of the build number, in this case "14F", therefore it works for ALL versions of 10.10.5.

This is the beta driver you want: Nvidia Web Driver - 346.02.03b01

Ahhh... Thanks for the help Slim.jim! you are a lifesaver!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N -Wifi
CPU
4.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My OS build isn't listed there as i do not believe Nvidia has made it yet.

What ended up working was editing the NVDAstartup.kext

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F1909</string>

Change to

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F1912</string>

And then just repaired disk permissions in disk utility.

I changed the required OS but didnt know about repairing disk permissions, can you explain what it is exactly that you did here? Very keen to fix this issue haha

Motherboard
GA-Z77-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
I changed the required OS but didnt know about repairing disk permissions, can you explain what it is exactly that you did here? Very keen to fix this issue haha
Yeah the only thing i did was change the required OS and then head to disk utility and repair disk oermissions on the startup disk. Restart viola! Also i had to reinstall audio drivers after but thats normal everytime i update. Good luck!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N -Wifi
CPU
4.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah the only thing i did was change the required OS and then head to disk utility and repair disk oermissions on the startup disk. Restart viola! Also i had to reinstall audio drivers after but thats normal everytime i update. Good luck!

Sounds promising, I'll try that when I get home! Thanks for your help

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sounds promising, I'll try that when I get home! Thanks for your help

Just install the beta driver I linked to a few post ago.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone tried 346.02.03f09? It's telling me to update but at this point i dont know if i should?

Yes you should update

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
What am I doing wrong? Using an eVGA 770 with a MacPro (3,1) System profile on OSX 10.11.6. Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H.

I updated accidently (didn't click Remind Me Tomorrow) and I still have older Nvidia Web drivers installed as far as I know.

When I reboot, I get a black screen that tries to load the desktop, but gives up remains black. I cannot get to the desktop even if I use "nv_disable=1" - nothing.

I have Clover installed but can only access the Clover Boot Selector menu after POST (I don't know what it's called).

Help! None of the threads can help and I don't know where to go. This is my only desktop other than this iPad I'm typing on.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What am I doing wrong? Using an eVGA 770 with a MacPro (3,1) System profile on OSX 10.11.6. Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H.

I updated accidently (didn't click Remind Me Tomorrow) and I still have older Nvidia Web drivers installed as far as I know.

When I reboot, I get a black screen that tries to load the desktop, but gives up remains black. I cannot get to the desktop even if I use "nv_disable=1" - nothing.

I have Clover installed but can only access the Clover Boot Selector menu after POST (I don't know what it's called).

Help! None of the threads can help and I don't know where to go. This is my only desktop other than this iPad I'm typing on.

Your card is natively supported, it should boot without the web drivers being enabled. Remove the nvda_drv=1 and the nv_disable=1 boot flags and try booting.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Your card is natively supported, it should boot without the web drivers being enabled. Remove the nvda_drv=1 and the nv_disable=1 boot flags and try booting.

Thanks for replying.

When I remove all boot flags from the Clover configuration (Options >> Boot Args), I still get the black screen that attempts to load the desktop: the white Apple logo on a black screen appears with a progress bar, then it goes to a black screen and no desktop.

So any or no boot Args results in a black screen. NV_Disable=1 gives me the white Apple logo on a black screen, then a busy circle appears overlaid on top of the progress bar. Then it freezes although I do see HDD activity. Then nothing.

Should I pull the card out of the chassis and reboot? Would that do anything if I used the integrated video off the motherboard?

Thanks for your help