i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I bought the gtx 950 for my LG 34um95 monitor which requires displayport to get 60 hz refresh rate. When I try to install OS X 10.11.6 on my H170N-wifi MB, the screen is BLACK!!! Because I was building a Hackintosh in a powermac G5 mod, my instinct is there something wrong with my mod. Finally I find HDMI works.

1> If I only use windows 7, No bios screen will show. The screen will be black until windows login screen.
2> If I use clover boot loader. Only black screen!!!!!!!!!!!! I can do nothing buy shut down my computer.

I find a way to bypass it. When I start my computer, I only connect HDMI, monitor is set to recognize HDMI. After I login into OS X, I change the cable to Displayport. Then everything works. But it's quite annoying to do this everyday!!!

Finally I find the solution. Set the boot of PCIE from Legacy only instead of UEFI.

For my H170N-wifi MB: Chose
Other PCI Device ROM Priority: Legacy Only

I also set Max Link Speed: Gen3. Do not know if this is also important or not.

Hope this can help someone.

To clarify, You set this in the Bios? and You switched from UEFI to Legacy?

I have a multimonitor setup and 1 HDMI and 1 Display port work when I boot but the third screen also a display port has to be unplugged when I boot and then plugged back in. Driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back