Graphics
PNY 1gb Geforce GTX 550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I had a fully working hackintosh (10.7.3) and I flashed my BIOS to the most up to date version following lnx2macs guide. After the flash, I reset all my settings to the same settings I had before (as in the guide as well) and now when I boot my PC I get the message "loading operating system......." then the error "disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter."

My system does seem to be recognizing my hard drive at all anymore. Is it because I am using an external drive as esata? Should I make another Multibeast disk and boot from cd? I'm not sure what to do and I'm not totally experienced in hackintoshes. Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere, I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

I5-2400
Z68a-d3-b3
8gb corsair ram
External hd ran as esata

Re: Trouble after BIOS flash...

User DSDT is based on your bios version. I don't know whether you are using user dsdt or else. If everything is working with your previous bios version, you might want to flash your bios back to previous version.
Normally , I flash my bios before I install Mac os x. You can also reset your bios to factory default version by removing the battery but you need to make sure that was the version before you had installed Mac os x. If not ,it won't help.

Re: Trouble after BIOS flash...

schoolsearch09 said:
User DSDT is based on your bios version. I don't know whether you are using user dsdt or else. If everything is working with your previous bios version, you might want to flash your bios back to previous version.
Normally , I flash my bios before I install Mac os x. You can also reset your bios to factory default version by removing the battery but you need to make sure that was the version before you had installed Mac os x. If not ,it won't help.

I wasn't on factory default I was on f6 and tried to update to f10. When I get home tonight I'll try to flash back to f6. So you think that will do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back