Contribute
Register

-SOLVED- Zotac GTX 550 Ti AMP! + Lion - Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
themacattack said:
karacho said:
Ok...i got it :thumbup:

All kext editing didn't worked for me. So i don't edit any kext (using all vanilla), just added my device-properties in my boot.plist and all is recognized as it should, no freezes so far.

This is my boot.plist (but w/o the device string because it's too long and wouldn't fit here)

• <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string></string>

<key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>device-properties</key>
    <string>here is my gfx string.........
    ..........................................................</string>

Could you please post the EFi string or your method for making it? I have my card up and running except for HDMI and I have not seen a string creator yet that offers it as an option when making a custom string. Thanks!
The HDMI don't work on this card. Useless to make a string if your card is working without that.

themacattack said:
Could you please post the EFi string or your method for making it? I have my card up and running except for HDMI and I have not seen a string creator yet that offers it as an option when making a custom string. Thanks!
I would but it's useless for your System. Card is from another Vendor. You can use EFI Studio or OSX86Tools to fetch your own String from your GFX Card. And keep in mind, the Apps are older ones, they are searching for com.apple.boot.plist instead of org.chameleon.boot.plist. Inserting the String to the boot.plist don't work automatically, you have to do it manually by copy and paste. If you select insert automatically, the Apps apply it to the com.apple.boot.plist under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist. You can use the String in there for cut & paste

i too am using this card and i can't make the card to run open CL benchmark (oceanwave and luxmark)
and the netkas patch doesn't seem to work for me it gives me KP instead ( my system running on 10.7.2 build 11c74) can anyone here give me a clue as to how to patch it correctly?

thanks in advance

karacho said:
Rilam said:
karacho, have you run deny benchmarks? Weary interested in how the GFX string method is working for you..
Of course i have and i agree. The first time Cinebench shows me about 3.xx fps also and i wouldn't accept this, so i did some modifications. I installed an MacPro 3,1 smbios.plist and my boot.plist now looks like that...

• <key>DSDT</key>
    <string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <string>yes</string>
    <string>yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>PciRoot=1 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>Default</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <string>my dev-string here</string>

As i wrote above i didn't have edited any kext and i didn't used the opencl patch with Multibeast. As far as i know the opencl patch is for fermi cards with GF110 GPU's while our cards have the GF116 GPU's. My monitor is connectec via DVI (it's not possible to choose HDMI for the device string in osx86tools). I got about 42.xx fps in cinebench now :D

Very nice!!! great tip! hours was trying to enable PCI-e 16x in nVidia GTX550 Ti, worked 100%! :headbang:

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8) * The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43663&p=327887#p327887 SOLVED: The problem was with the BCLK frequency, when it is disabled and at stock, it is 100MHz in the BIOS, but it actually runs at 99.70 MHz, and apparently, PCIe x16 requires BCLK to run at 100MHz at all times, so I went into the BIOS, and changed the BCLK control to Enabled and set it to 1003 instead of 1000, giving me a stable 100.1 MHz in both OS and I now have PCIe x16 speed!!!

Hardware
Lion 10.7.3 Retail with DSDT tony
I7 2600K
GA-P67X-UD3-B3 Bios F7
SSD Corsair Nova 60Gb
8Gb Corsair Vengeance
1.5Tb Seagate 6.0Gbps
DVD-rW LG H20
PowerSupply Corsair CX600 Watts
Nvidia GTX550 Ti

FULL 100% Lion 10.7.3

RAT_CODE said:
karacho said:
Rilam said:
karacho, have you run deny benchmarks? Weary interested in how the GFX string method is working for you..
Of course i have and i agree. The first time Cinebench shows me about 3.xx fps also and i wouldn't accept this, so i did some modifications. I installed an MacPro 3,1 smbios.plist and my boot.plist now looks like that...

• <key>DSDT</key>
    <string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <string>yes</string>
    <string>yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>PciRoot=1 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>Default</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <string>my dev-string here</string>

As i wrote above i didn't have edited any kext and i didn't used the opencl patch with Multibeast. As far as i know the opencl patch is for fermi cards with GF110 GPU's while our cards have the GF116 GPU's. My monitor is connectec via DVI (it's not possible to choose HDMI for the device string in osx86tools). I got about 42.xx fps in cinebench now :D

Very nice!!! great tip! hours was trying to enable PCI-e 16x in nVidia GTX550 Ti, worked 100%! :headbang:

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8) * The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43663&p=327887#p327887 SOLVED: The problem was with the BCLK frequency, when it is disabled and at stock, it is 100MHz in the BIOS, but it actually runs at 99.70 MHz, and apparently, PCIe x16 requires BCLK to run at 100MHz at all times, so I went into the BIOS, and changed the BCLK control to Enabled and set it to 1003 instead of 1000, giving me a stable 100.1 MHz in both OS and I now have PCIe x16 speed!!!

Hardware
Lion 10.7.3 Retail with DSDT tony
I7 2600K
GA-P67X-UD3-B3 Bios F7
SSD Corsair Nova 60Gb
8Gb Corsair Vengeance
1.5Tb Seagate 6.0Gbps
DVD-rW LG H20
PowerSupply Corsair CX600 Watts
Nvidia GTX550 Ti

FULL 100% Lion 10.7.3

What did you put for "my dev-string here"? Also, you just did that and the BCLK thing? Mine seems to work with the dsdt, but I think it can be better.

superstargoddess said:
What did you put for "my dev-string here"? Also, you just did that and the BCLK thing? Mine seems to work with the dsdt, but I think it can be better
I just added the Device-String into my boot.plist. Nothing else. Download OSX86Tools and run it.

1. Select "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag"
2. Choose "GFX String"
3. Select Graphics Card and scroll down to Custom Geforce
4. Give any Name
5. Select your Amount of RAM
6. Select your Connection (Display Output)
7. Copy and paste the Hex String into your boot.plist like mentioned above.

Sidenote: OSX86Tools are outdated. It uses com.apple.boot.plist instead of org.chameleon.boot.plist. If you select "Import String to Boot Editor" at Step 7, it'll wrote the Hex String into the com.apple.boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration Folder. If you wish OSX86Tools should do that for you, remove com.apple.Boot.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and rename your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra to com.apple.Boot.plist before you run OSX86Tools. After applying just re-rename com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and you're done.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.20.00.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.20.00.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 395
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.17.36.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.17.36.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 408
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.17.00.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.17.00.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.15.51.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.15.51.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.14.02.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.14.02.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.13.25.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 23.13.25.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 379
Very nice, thanks!

karacho said:
superstargoddess said:
What did you put for "my dev-string here"? Also, you just did that and the BCLK thing? Mine seems to work with the dsdt, but I think it can be better
I just added the Device-String into my boot.plist. Nothing else. Download OSX86Tools and run it.

1. Select "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag"
2. Choose "GFX String"
3. Select Graphics Card and scroll down to Custom Geforce
4. Give any Name
5. Select your Amount of RAM
6. Select your Connection (Display Output)
7. Copy and paste the Hex String into your boot.plist like mentioned above.

Sidenote: OSX86Tools are outdated. It uses com.apple.boot.plist instead of org.chameleon.boot.plist. If you select "Import String to Boot Editor" at Step 7, it'll wrote the Hex String into the com.apple.boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration Folder. If you wish OSX86Tools should do that for you, remove com.apple.Boot.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and rename your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra to com.apple.Boot.plist before you run OSX86Tools. After applying just re-rename com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and you're done.

hi i need help, i buy zotac gtx 550 ti a try install gtx 5xx enabler from http://www.osx86.net, but qe/ci don't work and try to install cuda driver.
you can help me?
sorry for my english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back