Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,
So I've build my Hackintosh with the following specs:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD7-TH Motherboard
Intel i7-4770k Processor
32GB of Corsair RAM
GeForce GTX 780 TI Graphics Card

Now I've been able to install High Sierra but during installation I kept getting that circle with slash. I had to restart my computer multiple times and finally it would go through and finally installed. Once installed I have an issue not showing the correct RAM amount and can't get my audio to work. Right now my machine reads 16GB of Ram so thats 8GB for each stick.

My issue is when I use clover to add the correct information so my machine displays my 32GB I get 20GB that is wired memory. This seems a little to much for wired memory. Before I changed it in clover it was showing 2GB wired memory under the 16GB. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue along with the audio in sierra?

Does anyone else have a walkthrough on how to get this working flawlessly?

Any help is much appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi,
So I've build my Hackintosh with the following specs:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD7-TH Motherboard
Intel i7-4770k Processor
32GB of Corsair RAM
GeForce GTX 780 TI Graphics Card

Now I've been able to install High Sierra but during installation I kept getting that circle with slash. I had to restart my computer multiple times and finally it would go through and finally installed. Once installed I have an issue not showing the correct RAM amount and can't get my audio to work. Right now my machine reads 16GB of Ram so that's 8GB for each stick.

My issue is when I use clover to add the correct information so my machine displays my 32GB I get 20GB that is wired memory. This seems a little to much for wired memory. Before I changed it in clover it was showing 2GB wired memory under the 16GB. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue along with the audio in sierra?

Does anyone else have a walkthrough on how to get this working flawlessly?

Any help is much appreciate it. Thank you.

Enter your motherboard BIOS and check the amount of memory available. Does it said 32GB, 16GB or another amount there?

Enter your motherboard BIOS and check the amount of memory available. Does it said 32GB, 16GB or another amount there?
It's only displaying 16GB. I'm heading out but I'm going to try and troubleshoot the sticks when I get back. Could be one has gone out. Thank you.

Do you know how to get the audio working on this board?

It's only displaying 16GB. I'm heading out but I'm going to try and troubleshoot the sticks when I get back. Could be one has gone out. Thank you.

Do you know how to get the audio working on this board?
I have a motherboard near yours, ie Z87MX-D3H with an i7-4770S.
In your Clover config.plist, did you choose XMPDetection=Yes?
My audio works with Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext installed in /Library/Extensions.

I have a motherboard near yours, ie Z87MX-D3H with an i7-4770S.
In your Clover config.plist, did you choose XMPDetection=Yes?
My audio works with Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext installed in /Library/Extensions.

Thanks man, I'll give this a try later tonight. Hopefully it works.

So I checked each of my RAM sticks and it looks like my BIOS is just detecting half of my sticks RAM. Each stick I put in which are 16GB at 2x8GB only detects 8GB. Anyone know how to fix this issue with this board.?

Also when I reboot I get that circle with the slash. I have to restart and reboot a few times and it finally lets me in.

Thanks man, I'll give this a try later tonight. Hopefully it works.

So I checked each of my RAM sticks and it looks like my BIOS is just detecting half of my sticks RAM. Each stick I put in which are 16GB at 2x8GB only detects 8GB. Anyone know how to fix this issue with this board.?

Are you certain your RAM sticks are working properly? Test them one by one to see if each stick shows the full amount (8GB) of RAM in the BIOS. Or if you have another system supporting 8GB DDR3 RAM sticks then test them in that system to see if the sticks show the full amount of RAM.

If you are certain the sticks are working properly, you may have to try updating your motherboard BIOS to see if that helps. What is the version of the BIOS in your motherboard?

So I was able to resolve this issue regarding the ram. BIOS was reading the correct amount. I thought I had a 32GB kit but after checking with corsair my kit is only 16GB so it was reading my RAM just right. Thank you.

Now to see if I can get my audio to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back