Contribute
Register

[Solved] Z77X-UP5-TH Yosetime/Chimera to High Sierra/Clover Stuck On Last Installation Step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHZ Ivy Bridge
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 915MHZ 2048MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
trouble.JPG

Hi there,

I finally decided to upgrade my old Chimera/Chameleon Hackintosh with Yosemite to Clover/High Sierra, but it looks like I've gotten a bit stuck and I'm not sure how to diagnose this to proceed.

I went through the upgrade guide, and it looks like I was able to remove the old bootloader and replace it with Clover, because my system now boots directly to Clover without needing to select USB via BIOS booting.

When I try to complete the last step of installing High Sierra, my system can't seem to get past this screen attached that says "Install OS X". Nothing is frozen, but the loading bar ribbon animation just keeps on going and I let it run overnight and it just keeps doing the same thing.

I followed this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

And I basically successfully got to Step 4 - part 13 where this problem happens. I'm not trying to do a fresh install, but just an upgrade at this point. If I have to format the drive and start fresh, I'll do it, but I'd rather try to upgrade from Yosemite first.

I've got a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH board and hardware from one of the old TonyMacx86 guides from back in 2012.

Can anyone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

I bit the bullet and just decided to do a fresh install. The issue went away with a fresh format and installation.

I have the same setup as you and I am not sure where to start with switching from chimera to clover. I have a bootable usb with high sierra from my macbook pro that I created, but it wont load anything after I select the install high sierra in the clover setup on the usb, it just freezes at the black screen with the white apple logo and nothing else.

Do I need to remove some files on my current Yosemite install first or switch some files around??

I'm a little confused on the whole switching process from chimera to clover....

I mostly followed the standard installation guide for High Sierra:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

As for the switch from Chimera to Clover, this page is a great resource. Though it says its optionally to remove Chimera, I did remove it.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-basics-and-switching-advice.171680/

I never fixed the screenshot in my original post to upgrade from Yosemite, but I successfully install everything with a fresh install eventually.

I did run into your black screen issue too, and what I had to do was hit spacebar when the Clover booter came up and I had to select to load the nvidia web drivers. This allowed the install the continue through and I think should fix your issue.

Best of luck!

How were you able to do a fresh install? The selection of the load nvidia web drivers didnt change anything. I also just removed the video card altogether, also didn't change anything. I would like to just do a fresh install, but I am still stuck at the black screen with the white apple logo and nothing else. I can't tell what it is hanging up on.

I would like to just do a fresh install, but I am still stuck at the black screen with the white apple logo and nothing else. I can't tell what it is hanging up on.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back