Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Built this hackintosh about a week ago, and since the build I've had victories (Mountain Lion up and running within a day) and losses (some of my iTunes library), I have yet to run multibeast because I've been unable to come up with clear answers for what is right with my system. I'll admit I'm a little nervous to go messing with my system when it clearly will start fine and I don't know what exactly it needs to resolve the issues.

But! here are my observations so far: When I watch a YouTube video, I get pink and green static, where the video should be playing, before freezing and becoming unresponsive. The only thing I can do is move the mouse, before turning into the color wheel. This also has shown to be present when playing back video in iPhoto. I've attached a screeenshot of the log, and i noticed a quicktime .hang file in the sidebar of the console.

Second, my Messages is not working. I have looked at the other threads about such issue and am unsure if switching to Clover is worth it or if it will even make my system stop working. I'm currently on Chameleon 2.2 if that matters.

Third, I have no HDMI audio, I am using the GTX 650 instead of onboard but I don't think it mattered where I had it plgged in to. My regular audio seems to be fine though, I have a 5.0 surround that lets me take advantage of the peach, black, and green ports. I don't have use of the front headphone jack and therefore, I assume the front mic port probably doesn't work either. I also read somewhere the popping is an analog-digital issue. Not really fixable unless I wanna go buy new speakers. True?

Lastly, I can't put the computer to sleep or restart, I may only SHUT DOWN the machine, because if I do, the computer will not start and the only way for me to get it back on is to remove the internal battery for a second with the power off. Then it will come back showing reset BIOS and I will have to redo those settings.

In bios, I've loaded optimized defaults, then disabled onboard graphics as well as XHCI, as I heard both have been known to keep the install from booting. Am I basically out of luck when it comes to using 3.0 ports to their full potential? Also, I saw somebody changed a setting in their bios for their memory from 13.66 to 16 for their 1600MHz memory, I have the same hertz in mine, but what does that actually do, and should I do it?

I appreciate any feedback I can receive to help me achieve 100% stability! I've heard it's not as much a pipe dream as it once was. ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 9.49.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 9.49.02 PM.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 930
Z77X-UD5H freezing during youtube and video playback [ML]

This is what comes up when trying to view a youtube video. Anybody else having this issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 2.33.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 2.33.51 PM.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1,748

I am having that same exact issue I get the beach ball of death after trying to view a video, and it looks exactly how it does on your screenshot all green and pink. I googled this problem and it brought me to this thread, have you solved this problem yet? If so please share this is the 4th time I've had to reboot because of this problem

EDIT --- SOLVED for me!

I had my smbios set to (Mac Mini Server 6,2) with chameleon wizard and just for kicks I switched it back to (Mac Pro 3,1) with Chameleon Wizard and rebooted and it plays all the videos fine again! Hope this helps

Hmmm...this is the problem I have...and it is caused by MM6,2 ??? do you have a good speedstep with MP3,1 ??? Big tks

i recently experienced this as well. It only happens with mac mini definitions. It happens on youtube using safari and firefox but only with certain videos. It also happens with xbmc but only when playing mkv or m4v files.

If anyone can offer some advice that would be great as I would like to use mac mini definitions.

Using MultiBeast to change the Mac Definitions back to Mac Pro 3,1 worked perfect for me. Not sure why, but THANK YOU! I was pulling my hair out over this - couldn't edit videos in iMovie or Final Cut - This Solved It!!! thanks again.

EDIT --- SOLVED for me!

I had my smbios set to (Mac Mini Server 6,2) with chameleon wizard and just for kicks I switched it back to (Mac Pro 3,1) with Chameleon Wizard and rebooted and it plays all the videos fine again! Hope this helps

Changing from Mac Mini to Mac Pro 3,1 worked for me too! I had exact same symptoms with GT 640.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back