i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SOLVED
I did an update from Catalina to Big Sur using Clover 5126 which worked without any problem, except the App Store. For this reason, I tried to move from Clover 5126 to OpenCore 0.6.3 which failed, I got a Reboot Loop.

In the OpenCore Boot Menu I had only two options:

1) Install MacOS
2) Recovery

My Boot Partition "MacintoshHD" never showed up. If I tried "Install MacOS", it always ended up in the mentioned error below.

SOLUTION:
A fresh Big Sur Install using the OpenCore 0.6.3 USB Boot Stick with my configuration settings. After the fresh Install I reverted the backup using Time Machine and now everything works without any issue. Big Sur boots up with OpenCore 0.6.3 and now I also have the "MacintoshHD" in the Boot Menu. The App Store works too, I can finally install and update Apps again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody has a running OpenCore configuration for this board? I tried nearly everything, but it does not boot. It works with Clover, but not with OC.

I always get "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on the platform)" and REBOOT!

vsmcgen=1 does not solve it, also not VirtualSMC 1.1.9.

Config looks fine, I checked it several hours and used all help I could find.

Last edited:
@guillelopez

Thank you very much!! I tried your EFI, but it reboots with the same error. Therefore I believe there might a problem with the BIOS settings or something else.

If I boot OpenCore from an USB stick or from the EFI partition of the SSD, it says every time

1. MacOS Installer
2. Recovery

Recovery works, but if I select 1) it gives me the error and reboot loop. Is it normal, that is says "MacOS Installer" ?

btw, I use the modified BIOS F16 and CSM disable.

But are you trying to boot macos? or the installer on a usb?
When you say that it works on clover, do you mean that you can boot to Big Sur and use it? or what? Because is strange that it says MacOs Installer, that sounds like boot entry for the usb installer, not the os on the drive.
Did you finish to install Big Sur on Clover?

I don't have your particular motherboard so I can't help with your bios version, but why do you have modified bios? for what. Anyway, try to use Optimized Defaults on bios and disable VT-D

I had Catalina with Clover 5126 and then I made an update to Big Sur. Big Sur works 99%, only I can't install any Apps from the App Store. Seems to be a known problem of Clover.

Therefore I would like to switch to OC. If I copy the OC Files to my SSD EFI or to a USB EFI, I don't see MacintoshHD, only these mentioned two options.

I think I will try to reinstall Big Sur on an old HDD, to see if it works like this.

BTW: I already tried your suggestions, but without success. The modified BIOS fixes a lot of issues I had a couple of years ago. 100% stable and no issues with Clover until now.

I had Catalina with Clover 5126 and then I made an update to Big Sur. Big Sur works 99%, only I can't install any Apps from the App Store. Seems to be a known problem of Clover.

Therefore I would like to switch to OC. If I copy the OC Files to my SSD EFI or to a USB EFI, I don't see MacintoshHD, only these mentioned two options.

I think I will try to reinstall Big Sur on an old HDD, to see if it works like this.

BTW: I already tried your suggestions, but without success. The modified BIOS fixes a lot of issues I had a couple of years ago. 100% stable and no issues with Clover until now.

A fresh install on other drive sounds great to test. If that fails I would try to save your actual bios, and then try the original bios. Maybe works on clover but it's making some troubles on OC. Not sure, just suggesting.

My bios has a minor mod but just to be able too boot NVME drives on a z77 motherboard.

SOLVED
I did an update from Catalina to Big Sur using Clover 5126 which worked without any problem, except the App Store. For this reason, I tried to move from Clover 5126 to OpenCore 0.6.3 which failed, I got a Reboot Loop.

1) Install MacOS
2) Recovery

My Boot Partition "MacintoshHD" never showed up. If I tried "Install MacOS", it always ended up in the mentioned error below.

SOLUTION:
A fresh Big Sur Install using the OpenCore 0.6.3 USB Boot Stick with my configuration settings. After the fresh Install I reverted the backup using Time Machine and now everything works without any issue. Big Sur boots up with OpenCore 0.6.3 and now I also have the "MacintoshHD" in the Boot Menu. The App Store works too, I can finally install and update Apps again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody has a running OpenCore configuration for this board? I tried nearly everything, but it does not boot. It works with Clover, but not with OC.

I always get "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on the platform)" and REBOOT!

Hi, I just worked on my GA-H77N-Wifi with an i7 cpu and amd-570. Not sure if you can start your z77 on it, but its free to try. It is OpenCore 0.6.3 and I can boot latest Catalina and BigSur. Wifi works I have brcm4352 mini combo with bluetooth. Check also how to set up your bios https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/ivy-bridge.html#intel-bios-settings

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 318
SOLVED

1) Install MacOS
2) Recovery

SOLUTION:

It seems our problem was the same and the installation from Catalina to Big Sur isn't a good option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back