Motherboard
Gigabytye Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i5-9400
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
I've got a fairly standard configuration Z77N-WIFI setup on Sierra. Bluetooth was working fine until I upgraded to Sierra a few weeks ago. It was still working after the upgrade.

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, it refused to pair with my Apple keyboard even though it detected it ("Pairing Failed"). I deleted com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and rebooted. It paired with the keyboard but then not with my trackpad (same problem). I tried resetting a few things in the Bluetooth debug menu and now finally I can't get anything to pair, not even my phone.

The symptom is always the same: devices are detected but when I try to pair the message is "Pairing Failed" with no further explanation.

Any ideas?

I've got a fairly standard configuration Z77N-WIFI setup on Sierra. Bluetooth was working fine until I upgraded to Sierra a few weeks ago. It was still working after the upgrade.

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, it refused to pair with my Apple keyboard even though it detected it ("Pairing Failed"). I deleted com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and rebooted. It paired with the keyboard but then not with my trackpad (same problem). I tried resetting a few things in the Bluetooth debug menu and now finally I can't get anything to pair, not even my phone.

The symptom is always the same: devices are detected but when I try to pair the message is "Pairing Failed" with no further explanation.

Any ideas?

After trying everything, tearing my hair out and eventually giving up, I was just about to upgrade to 10.12.4 and hope when I noticed that the Bluetooth menu had my trackpad in it (disconnected). I got it out, and it paired. Then I got out my keyboard and it also paired no problem. So it's all fixed and I have no idea how.

I have the same problem (Magic Keyboard, Magic Trackpad 2, GA-Z77N). No idea what is happening. Started with 10.12.3, upgrading to 10.12.4 did not help.

Last edited:
I seem to have fixed my pairing problems. I opened the machine, and noticed that the grey wires from the daughterboard to the back of the machine were squished into the motherboard, touching a heatsink. I freed the wired up so they were not touching, and it seems to be working now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back