EVGA 660 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Thought I would share a modest victory with you.

PROBLEM: On wake form sleep the display remained black, but every thing else woke up (i.e. disks spinning, system sounds from display speaker etc). Required a power down, cycle of the mains supply, wait 5 secs and reboot for display to come back on.

SOLUTION: I changed the following settings in UEFI (frankly don't have the time try and rule out the right combination but this works!):

- Init display first: PEG
- PEG Generation: 3 (not Auto)
- Enable Internal graphics: Yes (even though I don't use it)
- Internal graphics standby mode: No
- Internal graphics deep sleep: No

That's it, the system now sleeps/wakes perfectly.

I have the following kit:

Gigabit Z77N WIFI
I5-3570K
EVGA FTX 600 TI
Mountain Lion
No DSDT
Native Apple Nvidia drivers
Minimal Multibeast

PS - onboard bluetooth worked out of box no tweaking. No idea why it worked for me. Happy to share settings/diagnostics if you ask.

Good luck

Hmm... tried changing the settings on the board (PEG Generation 3 instead of Auto) and had no success :(. I tried this with all the other possible combinations of:

Init display first: PEG
Enable Internal graphics: Yes
Internal graphics standby mode: No
Internal graphics deep sleep: No

and still no luck. Your success had me excited for a while. I still get the same results as before; screen sleeping, hard disks sleeping, GPU still on, fans still on. Hitting the power button does nothing leaving me to reset. Not sure what I should change.

Specifications:
GA-Z77N-WIFI
i7 3770K
MSI 660 Ti
Dell DW1515 AR9280 Wireless Card

I got excited too, but no dice. I tried every iteration as well with no luck. Still get no video on wake, with fans not shutting down etc.

I even Qflashed the BIOS to make sure the settings were correct.

Gigabit Z77N WIFI
I7-3770K
MSI 660 Ti
Bitfenix Case

Sad to report that none of these solutions worked with my setup:

z77n-wifi
core i7 3770
Asus 650 Ti Boost

Which leads me to think that this issue might possibly be related to vid card manufacturer? Seems strange given they're all Nvidia chipsets, but it seems to me from what I've read that a lot of people just have better luck with EVGA…

Interestingly enough, for me the display DOES eventually come back on after wake from sleep! It just takes about 3 to 5 minutes.

Hey Thanks for the post. I set my BIOS settings the same:

Init display first: PEG
Enable Internal graphics: Yes
Internal graphics standby mode: No
Internal graphics deep sleep: No

On my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H board and tested, works great.

Man I wished I would have found this post earlier. Spent over two days with this issue with a gtx 750ti. Had ran out of options so just toggling things in the bios and behold the internal graphics deep sleep disable worked.Cant say why if would affect the PCI slot. Have documented this setting in bold on my install notes.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back