Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Hello, I successfully upgraded to Sierra with Unibeast. The only problem that I have is that when the computer goes to sleep, it reboots instead. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

It seems that the system does not even "Shut Down". It just reboots again.

Any ideas?

Ok, I am really stuck here!!!

Shutdown causes the system to reboot.
Sleep causes the system to shutdown ungracefully, resulting in FSCK.

I have tried removing / reinstalling, Sound & USB.

Please some help :eek:

try and shutdown, does it reboot? Thats what mine was doing. I'm pretty sure its due to the atheros driver in multibeast. I did the top one v2.0.1 and my system would reboot on sleep, shutdown, and restart (lol that one worked)

I reinstalled Sierra without the atheros driver and it worked fine. Than I set everything up and an hour or two later my audio stopped working. I got fed up and went back to EL Cap for now. Check out the thread that I started today, someone posted a Atheros kext that fixed his restart issue.

What did you guys use for audio in Sierra?? For 10.11 I used the script in the guide (audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0l.command) and that worked great. I tried the multibeast ALC887/888b but its not working now, it did for a couple hours but stopped.

**edit: heres the link to the thread I started today **
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...oots-on-shutdown-and-reboots-on-sleep.203652/

try and shutdown, does it reboot? Thats what mine was doing. I'm pretty sure its due to the atheros driver in multibeast. I did the top one v2.0.1 and my system would reboot on sleep, shutdown, and restart (lol that one worked)

I reinstalled Sierra without the atheros driver and it worked fine. Than I set everything up and an hour or two later my audio stopped working. I got fed up and went back to EL Cap for now. Check out the thread that I started today, someone posted a Atheros kext that fixed his restart issue.

What did you guys use for audio in Sierra?? For 10.11 I used the script in the guide (audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0l.command) and that worked great. I tried the multibeast ALC887/888b but its not working now, it did for a couple hours but stopped.

**edit: heres the link to the thread I started today **
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...oots-on-shutdown-and-reboots-on-sleep.203652/

That did not work here unfortunately. Regarding sound I used ACL889.

So your using sound from multibeast, When I installed El Capitan I used this option from installation guide. When I tried to use it with Sierra it said it wasn't compatible, guess they have an update somewhere of the script.

**From 10.11 installation guide**
The next optional steps configure the system's Realtek ALC onboard audio codec.

16. (Optional) Download CloverALC110 script
17. (Optional) Browser/Click on download file
18. (Optional) Finder/Double click .command file
19. (Optional) Go through steps in Terminal to install appropriate audio choices

Well, I am using the same hardware since 10.8 and never did a clean install since. So, I am pretty sure there must be some garbage kexts there.

One thing I noticed is that my sound card is recognised as Voodoo, although I chose Realtek. Also, for my network, USB and SATA I did not need to update anything.

I have tried many solutions, patches, etc and eventually I had to roll back using CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back