Contribute
Register

[Solved] Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i5 2500k problems with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...
I don't know how to present my case.
Sorry P1lgrim to have bothered you with my stupid questions.
For my (feeble) defence I must say I'm not a gamer, I never had a graphic card before.
Now what was the problem?
The man between the chair and the screen.
I didn't connect the power cable from the PSU to the graphic card, I saw a red light once I installed it and thought it was powered by the motherboard. (now you can laugh ;) )
I'm ashamed but I must admit that with electricity that RX560 works out of the box.
Thank you again for the help, but my case seems hopeless when it comes to computers.

I really don't know.
Try a research on the forum with your mobo+Mojave and check if someone runs it with the f12.
I upgraded the bios 2 years ago and it's really easy, Mojave works very well with the UEFI U1L.

HI, is it possible to install Mojave on f12 bios?

Absolutely possible. Mine is now fully up and running. You will need a recent graphics card, though. Also, your old DSDT will likely no longer work, so you will need to do some patches. I needed to do a patch to a custom SSDT to get my display device recognized as GFX0. The guide is on the forums. If you get stuck, I can try to help.

Absolutely possible. Mine is now fully up and running. You will need a recent graphics card, though. Also, your old DSDT will likely no longer work, so you will need to do some patches. I needed to do a patch to a custom SSDT to get my display device recognized as GFX0. The guide is on the forums. If you get stuck, I can try to help.
Ok thanks, did you to fresh install or did you direct up grade? I’m gonna start to see if I can install fresh copy on a ssd and see what happens. but I read that I should unplug all drive are they will be upgraded to the new APFS. Since I use it as my main system and for 5+ years have not had any problems I’m very hesitant to install the ueif. I have succefully installed mojave on a ga-h55m-s2h and works perfectly except graphics but gonna get one that is compatible.
I lvey happy with this z68 board and hope I can get working.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, did you to fresh install or did you direct up grade? I’m gonna start to see if I can install fresh copy on a ssd and see what happens. but I read that I should unplug all drive are they will be upgraded to the new APFS. Since I use it as my main system and for 5+ years have not had any problems I’m very hesitant to install the ueif. I have succefully installed mojave on a ga-h55m-s2h and works perfectly except graphics but gonna get one that is compatible.
I lvey happy with this z68 board and hope I can get working.

I tried fresh install but my unibeast USBs stopped booting. Maybe corrupt sticks. I never figured it out. Instead I carbon copy cloned my working sierra SSD, changed the system definition to allow downloading of Mojave (SMBIOS 14,2) and did an upgrade. When I finished I used the EFI folder from the not working USB. There are things you will need to do for it to work: I/O error patch for ICH10 through clover for the config.plist for the usb or drive you are booting install from. Hot plug patch. Make sure apfs.efi is in both drivers64 and drivers64uefi folder (legacy unibeast install only puts it in drivers64 so your drives won't show up on reboot). You may need emuvariable-64 and osxaptiofix2drv (again in both drivers folders) but I'm not 100% sure. My EFI folder has them. Also, and this is important, do the entire install or upgrade through the onboard graphics with everything else unplugged. You may need to boot in safe mode for the final boot. HD 3000 graphics are no longer supported, but you will get basic 768 x 1024 functionality from using onboard. Once you get to a complete desktop, you can look into switching to boot from a discrete graphics card. This is where I can't help as you are on NVIDIA. I have no idea how to deal with those headaches.

I would unplug everything except the drive you are loading to, and yes it will be APFS. I never bothered with UEFI BIOS for this board as I read about people having all kinds of problems and then migrating back to F12, which isn't easy to do. Legacy seems to be functioning fine for Mojave. The real headache was getting graphics fully working. Good luck!

Last edited:
I tried fresh install but my unibeast USBs stopped booting. Maybe corrupt sticks. I never figured it out. Instead I carbon copy cloned my working sierra SSD, changed the system definition to allow downloading of Mojave (SMBIOS 14,2) and did an upgrade. When I finished I used the EFI folder from the not working USB. There are things you will need to do for it to work: I/O error patch for ICH10 through clover for the config.plist for the usb or drive you are booting install from. Hot plug patch. Make sure apfs.efi is in both drivers64 and drivers64uefi folder (legacy unibeast install only puts it in drivers64 so your drives won't show up on reboot). You may need emuvariable-64 and osxaptiofix2drv (again in both drivers folders) but I'm not 100% sure. My EFI folder has them. Also, and this is important, do the entire install or upgrade through the onboard graphics with everything else unplugged. You may need to boot in safe mode for the final boot. HD 3000 graphics are no longer supported, but you will get basic 768 x 1024 functionality from using onboard. Once you get to a complete desktop, you can look into switching to boot from a discrete graphics card. This is where I can't help as you are on NVIDIA. I have no idea how to deal with those headaches.

I would unplug everything except the drive you are loading to, and yes it will be APFS. I never bothered with UEFI BIOS for this board as I read about people having all kinds of problems and then migrating back to F12, which isn't easy to do. Legacy seems to be functioning fine for Mojave. The real headache was getting graphics fully working. Good luck!

can you post your config.plist file

can you post your config.plist file

Yes. It's fairly plain vanilla. I'm only injecting a framebuffer (with patch) for AMD and using ALC kext for audio (Clover>Devices>Audio:inject 1, reset HDA) with Lilu. The rest of it is what was generated by unibeast for a legacy install (but with inject intel turned off), and of course the AHCIPort patches that are necessary.

If your board is rev 1.3 I can post my repaired and compiled DSDT and my custom patched SSDT (to get GFX0).

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
@BazzaGooner Could you post up your SSDT that you patched to get your 580 working please? The SSDT patch guide is a bit above my head. Having troubles getting all my ports working. What frame buffer are you using? That card you have does it have 2 HDMI and 2 displayports?

@BazzaGooner Could you post up your SSDT that you patched to get your 580 working please? The SSDT patch guide is a bit above my head. Having troubles getting all my ports working. What frame buffer are you using? That card you have does it have 2 HDMI and 2 displayports?

No problem. I'm using Acre which is supposed to be for 3 ports. My card has 4: DP, DP, DP, HDMI. HDMI worked right away as the numeric sequence is the same as mine. I had to do a framebuffer patch to get one of the other DPs working, so now I have audio to my amp. The weird thing is, Dayman should work out of the box for my card as 4/6 ports in the FB are identical to what is laid out for the 4 ports on my card. But I only get blank screens with it. Oh well. I can only spend so many hours on this s**t.
What card (manufacturer, model etc...) are you using? I might be able to help. I've uploaded my customized SSDT (to get GFX0) and also my repaired and recompiled DSDT for Z68X UD3H B3.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    186 bytes · Views: 83
  • DSDT.aml
    17.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back