Graphics
HD 3000 + RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hi everyone!
It's been a long time without some big hassle, and when I had any I usually read for some hours on the forum and resolved it because someone explained the exact same issues.
But this time I'm stuck.
The Mojave update seems too much of an update for my 6 years old Z68X-UD3H-B3 + i5 2500K (without graphic card so it is a Intel HD3000) that ran quite well with Sierra (never even updated to High Sierra).
So the issues:
1- my display resolution is stuck at 1024x768 whatever I may have tried with Clover configurator.
2- Chrome is unusable, glitches, some parts of the page don't show, etc.
Safari works but shows some glitches in the tabs, but it's usable.

My questions are:
1- what kind of kexts or other tricks should I try?
I am using AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, FakeSMC.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext and WhateverGreen.kext

2- is my i5 2500K enough to run Mojave or should I buy a graphic card Metal compatible?
I don't play, I don't use multi screens, I only use one screen so in that case what is the cheapest compatible graphic I could buy? I am totally a newbie when it comes to GPU as I always chose the easiest solution (i5 with HD3000 on board) so any advice will truly be very appreciated (I read that some RX460 worked OOB but it's like Chinese to me...).

(I just found that I could try to add the -no_compact_check and MacBook Pro 8.1 combo... I'll reboot and see if that changes anything)

The Mojave update seems too much of an update for my 6 years old Z68X-UD3H-B3 + i5 2500K (without graphic card so it is a Intel HD3000) that ran quite well with Sierra (never even updated to High Sierra)

Apple withdrew support for HD 3000 graphics in Mojave.

Install any brand of RX560 except for XFX and you should get OOB working graphics in Mojave.
Use either an iMac 13,2 or 14,2 sysdef for Mojave compatibility.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you trs96! I'll go and see what kind of deal I can find on that RX560 (I read that RX460 worked too if I recall well, but I will look for that 560 and your advice regarding the sysdef ;) )

Sorry again but am I blind or what?
How do I enable the iGPU on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 ?
I can't find it anywhere.
I have put my RX560 and it boots like before I.e. In 1024x768 resolution and big glitches with Chrome.

How do I enable the iGPU on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 ?
I can't find it anywhere.
Read your motherboard manual - Page 49.

IGPU.png

First, thank you for the fast answer.
You're totally right I forgot about the manual, as I usually try to find the answers on internet.
But when I go to Init display I don't have PCI, onboard etc. I have Auto, IGFX, PEG, PCI.
Which one is the right one?
(I tried to understand the differences on line but that gets even more confused...)

I have Auto, IGFX, PEG, PCI.
Which one is the right one?
Auto = Self explanatory.
IGFX = Integrated Graphics.
PEG = PCI Express Graphics.
PCI = PCI Graphics.

Not sure why you want to enable unsupported graphics though.

Thanks again!
Because of the glitches and 1024x768 display resolution I had to upgrade from my IntelHD3000 to that RX 560.
I read on another thread
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/random-freezes-with-radeon-560.246872/page-5
that someone with the same motherboard and a RX560 now have a fully functional machine after having enabled iGPU.
When I connect my display cable to the RX560 nothing appears on display when I select Auto or PEG (only tested those 2 for now).
When I select PEG in Bios when I check I found it's again in AUTO, is that normal?
I save&exit each time so it can't be that I didn't make any change.
I thought it should stay put on PEG, the reason why I went and wanted to change the Bios.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back