Contribute
Register

[Solved] Z390-H 9900k vega 64 970evo freeze on last 2 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try that now and check back with you. Of course I was just getting excited about having a working hackintosh haha should have known better.
I like your attitude. Stay positive and focused...

I like your attitude. Stay positive and focused...
So something strange is happening here, and it almost feels like I fried my USB 2 ports strangely enough. These are my findings in recovery mode: The bluetooth keyboard does not work, neither does my USB keyboard. Finding this strange, I decided to see if my USB keyboard was even getting power, as I have a led that lights up when I have caps lock turned on it. It was not even getting power in my I/O shield USB 2 ports, nor my front USB 3 ports. Finding this strange I decided to try my rear USB 3 ports, which surprisingly worked. I will now be trying the set up of my USB keyboard in my rear USB port to try and log in outside of recovery mode. However, this is slightly concerning as it seems like I fried half of the USB ports on my motherboard. So before I go into that I will be testing the USB ports in my bios. I will respond back with my findings.

So something strange is happening here, and it almost feels like I fried my USB 2 ports strangely enough. These are my findings in recovery mode: The bluetooth keyboard does not work, neither does my USB keyboard. Finding this strange, I decided to see if my USB keyboard was even getting power, as I have a led that lights up when I have caps lock turned on it. It was not even getting power in my I/O shield USB 2 ports, nor my front USB 3 ports. Finding this strange I decided to try my rear USB 3 ports, which surprisingly worked. I will now be trying the set up of my USB keyboard in my rear USB port to try and log in outside of recovery mode. However, this is slightly concerning as it seems like I fried half of the USB ports on my motherboard. So before I go into that I will be testing the USB ports in my bios. I will respond back with my findings.
Ok I have now find in bios that all my USB ports are still functioning with my bt keyboard and mouse. In addition to this, I found that the keyboard in that port does in fact register on the login page. However, I wouldn't call my system stable at all yet. It still won't get me to the desktop. Any suggestions?

Ok I have now find in bios that all my USB ports are still functioning with my bt keyboard and mouse. In addition to this, I found that the keyboard in that port does in fact register on the login page. However, I wouldn't call my system stable at all yet. It still won't get me to the desktop. Any suggestions?
So you can enter your password in the Login screen with your Bluetooth keyboard? But when you press Enter or click the mouse, you just get a spinning beachball or other wait cursor? The Mojave desktop does not appear?

So you can enter your password in the Login screen with your Bluetooth keyboard? But when you press Enter or click the mouse, you just get a spinning beachball or other wait cursor? The Mojave desktop does not appear?
No, I can with my USB keyboard. Then it freezes when I hit enter.

Please post a picture of the frozen screen so there's no ambiguity.

Are you installing to an NVMe or SATA SSD? What brand?

You may have to upload your EFI folder, which is going to be a bit difficult unless you can move the NVMe/SSD to an external USB enclosure and mount it on your Mac...

@palamosteliaro, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hello OP! How did you solve this? I have the same problem with my installation.
could you update your profile for your hardware as previous reply from the boss please...
Thanks mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back