Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hope someone has an answer for me, here. I've been on the iMac 18,3 system def for a long time now, no issues. I can export h.264 from FCPX, but it's now recently been made aware to me via ScreenFlow that perhaps this entire time, my hardware encoding wasn't working and it was only software.

Currently on Mojave 10.14.5, in ScreenFlow if I try to Export via Hardware Accelerated Apple h.264, it says "Unable to open encoder session". If I instead try to do a software H.264 export from ScreenFlow, it gets to about 10% and then hard crashes the system back to Clover. I've attached my EFI as it's been for ages, now without issue. This includes running the system with Vega 56 only and iGPU disabled in Bios.

Currently I've tried at least a dozen suggestions on how to remedy this including removing InjectIntel, changing/removing Intel Platform ID, specifying platform/device ID's via WEG, Shikigva=4 vs =60, etc etc etc; if it comes up googling this topic, I've tried it all with the exception of changing my system definition. This is because I've got a tonnnn of software which authorizes via the machine and changing the system definition would force a serial number change. This means I'd have to spend a good chunk of time sifting through all my software to find what I need to de-authorize and then re-authorize it. This fact alone means I can't even test to see if that tweak would ultimately be the solution without a hassle.

I'm running a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, Strix Vega 56, iGPU disabled in Bios, Mojave 10.14.5, EFI Attached (Serial/UUID/etc removed). I have zero issues except for this, can't make sense of it. Hoping there's some clover tweaks I missed that will solve this while retaining the 18,3 system def. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 41
Heh, had to laugh when I saw NoVPAjpeg.kext, when you solve your problem you won't need that anymore. Removing the kext will give you a simple test to see if you iGPU is enabled and working in OSX. The Intel Quick sync built in to their IGPU is good, really good.

I had a hard time gettin this work, and the solution for me was simply using Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, with no intel graphics graphics injection or any kind of patching in my clover config. It is all left for Lilu and WEG to deal with. In looking at your config it appears to me that you are using multiple solutions at the same time. So I edited your config.plist, now named stranger.plist because I don't want any other config.plist on my machine that isn't mine. So you can copy and rename it. I can see you have Lilu and WEG already, you will need to enable the integrated graphics in the motherboard. You may encounter a problem where you get a stop sign when you boot. I solved this by using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of the regular Tonymacx86.com file. This allocates memory address and if it has a a problem the boot device is lost. Devices communicate with memory addresses. This is where I had the most problem getting iGPU working but I also have a TB card so you shouldn't have a problem.

It would be easier if you cleaned up all the patches for raising port limits, it is a pain the first time you make a SSDT for your USB ports but it really is nice once you have that. I also think you could simply the the audio portion since Lilu and WEG will do most of the work to make ALC work.

The only boot flags I have are:

slide=0. <- This affects memory allocation during boot and is required for my system to boot macOS.
darkwake=0. <- Not really needed and I should have probably removed it.

I didn't alter yours because I wasn't sure what some of them did, but I would remove any you put there to make iGPU work.

Oddly I can't find the iGPU in System Information, it does show up in DCPImanager, but the way I can tell it works is if I can use Preview to open a jpeg.

Just something that might not be obvious is that if you have FakeSMC in /Library/Extensions then none of the kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other will be loaded. Ideally the kexts should match between the two and have autodetect for kext injection enabled. Though I confess I'm one of those that just keeps everything in Other. Maybe when I have TB hot plug I'll conform.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Attachments

• stranger.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 57
Heh, had to laugh when I saw NoVPAjpeg.kext, when you solve your problem you won't need that anymore. Removing the kext will give you a simple test to see if you iGPU is enabled and working in OSX. The Intel Quick sync built in to their IGPU is good, really good.

I had a hard time gettin this work, and the solution for me was simply using Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, with no intel graphics graphics injection or any kind of patching in my clover config. It is all left for Lilu and WEG to deal with. In looking at your config it appears to me that you are using multiple solutions at the same time. So I edited your config.plist, now named stranger.plist because I don't want any other config.plist on my machine that isn't mine. So you can copy and rename it. I can see you have Lilu and WEG already, you will need to enable the integrated graphics in the motherboard. You may encounter a problem where you get a stop sign when you boot. I solved this by using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of the regular Tonymacx86.com file. This allocates memory address and if it has a a problem the boot device is lost. Devices communicate with memory addresses. This is where I had the most problem getting iGPU working but I also have a TB card so you shouldn't have a problem.

It would be easier if you cleaned up all the patches for raising port limits, it is a pain the first time you make a SSDT for your USB ports but it really is nice once you have that. I also think you could simply the the audio portion since Lilu and WEG will do most of the work to make ALC work.

The only boot flags I have are:

slide=0. <- This affects memory allocation during boot and is required for my system to boot macOS.
darkwake=0. <- Not really needed and I should have probably removed it.

I didn't alter yours because I wasn't sure what some of them did, but I would remove any you put there to make iGPU work.

Oddly I can't find the iGPU in System Information, it does show up in DCPImanager, but the way I can tell it works is if I can use Preview to open a jpeg.

Just something that might not be obvious is that if you have FakeSMC in /Library/Extensions then none of the kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other will be loaded. Ideally the kexts should match between the two and have autodetect for kext injection enabled. Though I confess I'm one of those that just keeps everything in Other. Maybe when I have TB hot plug I'll conform.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me! I tried the config you edited in conjunction with the free2000 Aptio variant and enabling IGPU in bios; this did in fact remedy the stop sign that appeared any time IGPU was enabled but the machine just hangs at the Apple, no progress bar even. Also tried with removing my bootflags.

Any more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back