Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Z170X-UD5 bios f21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a GA-Z170X-UD5 non TH as well and first thing I did was flash the BIOS (to F21 before I know to check this site) and then started the Hack build. I can't boot to Mac Sierra (on Western Digital HD 7200 RPM - following the Install Sierra with Unibeast and Multibeast per this site) but if I boot using the Clover from the USB installer I can get to the Mac desktop. I have read in some other places that once you update the BIOS beyond F5 or F8 it is a brick, is this not the case now? Also no .mkv or .mov or .3gp video files play in Quicktime or VLC and no audio from the rear phono jack. When I connect my Windows 10 HD to the hardware everything works perfect.
My machine specs: (NOTE NO INVIDIA Graphics card - I will have a GTX770 4Gb next week - so I am relying on the HD530 built in - and have tried the Multibeast with and without HD530 - no change)
I also did - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ter-giga-bios-f20-update.208315/#post-1379268 - no change same issue. I also made sure that the change was done in the Multibeast so it would save on reboot.
MB – GAZ170X-UD5 V1.0 – not the TH version
Ram – Kingston HyperXFury 16 GB – 2666 MHz
Pwr – 600W Thermaltake – soon to change out to a 1000w
CPU – 6700K 4.0 GHz
CPU Cooler – Cooler Master RR-212X-20PM-R1
CPU Thermal compound – Innovation Cooling ICD24 Diamond Based 24 Carat Paste
HD – 1 TB Western Digital Black 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache
20170308_211044_resized.jpg
When I try and boot from the non USB clover I get this and never get to the login:
20170308_211439_resized.jpg

@Durnik, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Looks like DVMT Pre-Allocated is set incorrectly. Check BIOS settings. IGPU Pre-Allocated memory must be 64mb or larger.

You can either raise the DVMT value in the UEFI BIOS settings to at least 64MB or you can use the minStolenSize patch and see if that gets around it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Thank you - seyedhossein and BreBo for the links and info. I updated my profile as well, sorry about only updating the sig block when I joined.

I made changes to the Mac (per your suggestions and another post - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...designare-6700k-hd530-tb3-960-evo-m-2.213113/ )and am now at the below setup. The login screen looks like it should, the video and audio issues are now a thing of the past.:)
20170309_204905_resized.jpg

I will be getting an EVGA GTX 770 4Gb next week to which I saw this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ - where I will need to get the Nvidia web drivers but am a little confused after reading most of the 27 pages – what works and what needs to be enabled. There seems to be some flags that some need and but some others don’t but I am not able to find a post where someone has a board newer with the F21 BIOS and the mac model – or is it possible I will have to change the mac model to another model as well?

where I will need to get the Nvidia web drivers but am a little confused after reading most of the 27 pages – what works and what needs to be enabled.

1. You need to modify your config.plist with Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition).

Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI Partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist

Make sure Inject Nvidia is disabled.

Nvidia_1.png

Make sure NvidiaWeb is enabled.

Nvidia_2.png

Save Config.plist and close Clover Configurator.

2. Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

3. Fix Black Screen with iMac 17 System Definition
See EDIT (03/01/2017) of Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition
Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Brebo - I received the EVGA GTX 770 4 gb card. I installed the drivers on its own win 10 hd and the card works perfect. I then booted into 10.12.3 without installing the drivers and it worked though no CUDA recognition or Nvidia system preference - obviously.

I thought I had Clover_Vibrant (realized I didn't tonight after the fact) and was able mount the EFI and - "Make sure Inject Nvidia is disabled" and "Make sure NvidiaWeb is enabled". I saved the plist file and closed.

I then followed #2 - Problem 6 and got to this section:
"If there was no upgrade, click on the Graphics Drivers tab and then choose the radio button next to the NVIDIA Web Drive. Reboot." Upon reboot I got the black screen now.
I then went to BIOS and changed the peripherals to IGFX and switched my monitor to the HD530 and one time I was able to get to the login desktop and I then tried #3 above where I did https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/ - specifically :
Method 1: The easy method
Use KextBeast to install these two kext Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into your Library/Extensions folder.

I thought I needed to reboot here so I did. Upon rebooting I now got the white apple logo and about 60% loading I get the black screen. If I let it sit in blackness for awhile I am able to hook up an apple keyboard and press the cd eject button and the tray comes out. So went back to the BIOS using PCIE1 (nvidia GTX770 location) as the peripherals and once clover came up and started to load the mac os now all i get is the black screen about 80% of the way with the white apple.

Now i can't get to the mac login using either the HD530 or the gtx 770.

Ok I did to find this method - Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" - but apparently I am to much of a NOOB to know how to locate this directory path - in mac os or terminal or???. If I can figure out how to "boot using nv_disable=1" is the above method the next step or have I hosed things up by doing the kext method the other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back