Motherboard
ASUS Z97-Pro (Wifi AC) - Clover
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I have a Z-97 running Yosemite (10.10.5). It has a GTX680, which was originally installed using Nvidia drivers.

Specifically, it's an ASUS Z97 Pro (WiFi AC). Other than the stock motherboard and a few drives, the only mod to the system is the addition of the GTX680 card, which has been working in older versions of OS X for 3 years.

Because of the difficulty I had with the original install, I have been reluctant to upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra. So I am only now trying to upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.13.2. I am running two screens, both 1920 x 1200. (Both on DVI.)

I followed the instructions here for UPGRADING, which is the way I'm trying to install. But when the system boots from the install volume, one screen is blank white and the other is blank black.

I understand OS X has native support for the 680, but it seems something is wrong with the video setup. If I don't need the Nvidia drivers, that's great. But I don't know how to go about getting this working.

I am attaching my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
To follow up: I thought I might try a fresh install on a new partition. But at the end of Unibeast installation, it threw an error: "copying of apfs.efi failed".

I copied the latest apfs.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI manually. About to give it atry.

Please ignore the above comments. I have succeeded in getting High Sierra to boot. See my comments in the install High Sierra section, p. 49.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back