5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im stumped on this one.. Something always goes wrong for me whenever a new release comes out, but I have this mental issue that ifs something new comes out I must install it! (I think Im a freaking idiot)!!!
None the less heres the skinny.. I Made the installer using both unibeast 8 & 8.1 believe all my bios settings are correct as Ive had El Captain and Sierra successfully installed on this rig. Ive tried boot flags -v -x- -s in all combinations but end with same result ACPI errors. Ive disconnected everything except my SSD and installer flash drive even disconnected my Titan graphics card and tried installing with the onboard graphics. Ill post the pic of the screen but I am stumped and know its probably something stupid... Installer Boots, Gets to the apple logo and nothing happens, in verbose I get the info in the attached pic

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MB
Intel 6700k CPU
Corsair vengeance DDR4 8 gigs (2 sticks)
Samsung 850 evo SSD
IMG_9087.JPG

Ill post the pic of the screen but I am stumped and know its probably something stupid... Installer Boots, Gets to the apple logo and nothing happens, in verbose I get the info in the attached pic
This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

Thanks BreBo, that did it.. I already screwed up the drive and formatted it fully in the new APFS so I guess I gotta boot off a thumb drive from now on ?

I already screwed up the drive and formatted it fully in the new APFS so I guess I gotta boot off a thumb drive from now on ?
Why, the recent Clover versions will install fine on APFS formatted drives.

Why, the recent Clover versions will install fine on APFS formatted drives.

I can't get the EFI to mount ? Let me give some history,, I first installed apps then undid the partition using the terminal method. Then tried reinstalling on a HFS and allowing it to convert it.. None the less I have it installed loads fine if booting from the thumb drive but can't install multicast, clover or even run EFI v3 to mount the EFI it just won't mount and each of the first 2 end in error as the refi never mounts ?
Any suggestions would greatly help Don't get me wrong I don't need to update I just always do, the one thing thats noticeable is the shutdown /reboot time is 5-7 seconds compared to 40-60 seconds under Sierra? while the boot time is slightly faster with Sierra 5 sec from apple logo to pass screen compared with 10 sec for HS.. None the less I would love to get a working os bootable without the thumb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back