Contribute
Register

[Solved] Your device or computer could not be verified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baruy said:
Happy holidays! :D

You too - hope you and the family have yourselves a truly merry christmas :)

Thanks a lot!
I made this for anyone else who get's stuck:

hU9C8.jpg

Baruy said:
Run EFIStudio, and then on the first drop down list, select "Ethernet". Click "Add Device" and there should be a new window that pops up with something like this on the bottom:

4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600051c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001

Open your com.apple.Boot.plist in your Extra folder (if you are using the latest boot loader, there is no com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra, you will need to add the string to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. as per blueridgedog) and add this hex code to the plist via text editor:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string> hex code here </string>

I hope this helps. Apologies for the late reply, was busy with Christmas shopping.

Alright, I just tried this and I still am not able to get it to work on 10.6.8. Here's my Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600061c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any suggestions?

TIA.

OK, I deleted my ethernet in System Preferences and deleted the two preference files in /Library/System/SystemConfiguration and can now log onto the App Store. However, Bioshock crashes whenever I try to launch it. This is one of the apps that checks with the App Store on launch. Is there a way to get it working?

This has been a very informative read. Thanks!! I've tried, and am about to reboot. Wish me luck.

I just kinda want to know why and how this works. As I am a video editor, and not a software or hardware developer by trade. I don't quite know what this is doing. I assume that the hardware and the software have to talk to each other, and most of what Multibeast has done is to connect the hardware to the apple software.

So when I have a wifi card working, and have an atheros lan chip on my board. Which has absolutely no support or kernals that I can find on any x86 project sites. that The reason I (other users) am having this issue is because the appstore needs this hex information to associate the device with a sole computer. i.e. it doesn't use the op address because it changes, and this hex is added at the manufacturer and is always the same? So if I'm using a wifi device and follow this format, will it then de-enable the wifi card? or do I need to do this for the wifi card because it is how I am connecting?

I know I might be asking general questions that are completely noobish, but I like to understand how things work.

Also. when I opened my org.chameleon.plist file it said

<string>Yes</string>

Is that normal, or am I looking at the wrong file?

sirsyco said:
This has been a very informative read. Thanks!! I've tried, and am about to reboot. Wish me luck.

I just kinda want to know why and how this works. As I am a video editor, and not a software or hardware developer by trade. I don't quite know what this is doing. I assume that the hardware and the software have to talk to each other, and most of what Multibeast has done is to connect the hardware to the apple software.

So when I have a wifi card working, and have an atheros lan chip on my board. Which has absolutely no support or kernals that I can find on any x86 project sites. that The reason I (other users) am having this issue is because the appstore needs this hex information to associate the device with a sole computer. i.e. it doesn't use the op address because it changes, and this hex is added at the manufacturer and is always the same? So if I'm using a wifi device and follow this format, will it then de-enable the wifi card? or do I need to do this for the wifi card because it is how I am connecting?

I know I might be asking general questions that are completely noobish, but I like to understand how things work.

Also. when I opened my org.chameleon.plist file it said

<string>Yes</string>

Is that normal, or am I looking at the wrong file?

So I rebooted without an issue but no luck with the app store. I could not find the network plist file in the location it was listed here. Is it different with 10.6.8?

sirsyco said:
So I rebooted without an issue but no luck with the app store. I could not find the network plist file in the location it was listed here. Is it different with 10.6.8?

You'll find it in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Baruy said:
You're welcome, guys, glad this thread helped. Happy holidays! :D

You Sir, are the man.

Lion on it's way down and an evening of OS X frolics on the cards!

Many thanks :thumbup:

I have a Linksys wreless USB adapter I am using to connect to the net. I dont have access to wired ethernet wherte my rig is at. Im running Lion also. Would this be the same procedure sinmce I am using a wifi dongle or should I be looking into some other approach?

I can get in iTunes, but not the app store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back