Contribute
Register

[Solved] Your device or computer could not be verified

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me over 3 hrs to figure out how to do this since I was only used to making efi strings for GFX cards only. Once I figured out how to make the splice then it was a piece of cake.

BTW I added <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to my apple.Boot.plist file in Extra. Not sure if it helps but App Store works now with it as well.

Thanks 4 the help. :D :headbang:

stringy said:
It took me over 3 hrs to figure out how to do this since I was only used to making efi strings for GFX cards only. Once I figured out how to make the splice then it was a piece of cake.

BTW I added <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to my apple.Boot.plist file in Extra. Not sure if it helps but App Store works now with it as well.

Thanks 4 the help. :D :headbang:

I'm glad this helped you. It's an amazing community. :thumbup:

Hey thanks for the thread.

I only had to add

<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

To com.apple.Boot.plist in

/Extra

And good to go.

2 EZ.

Finally a solution that worked for my case!
Thnx for the posting!!!
:clap:

I tried this method, and my computer would not boot. Checking verbose mode, it appeared to be hanging on "PCI configuration begin." Once I removed the strings from both boot.plist files, it booted up again. What am I doing wrong?

Tyranicus said:
I tried this method, and my computer would not boot. Checking verbose mode, it appeared to be hanging on "PCI configuration begin." Once I removed the strings from both boot.plist files, it booted up again. What am I doing wrong?

When you're booting without the EFI strings, do you get full resolution and QE/CI from your graphics card? The reason I'm asking is that you might want to try and use a different solution to run your graphics card (GraphicsEnabler=Yes, etc) and use the EFI method only to run your ethernet card/ fix App store issue.

Baruy said:
When you're booting without the EFI strings, do you get full resolution and QE/CI from your graphics card? The reason I'm asking is that you might want to try and use a different solution to run your graphics card (GraphicsEnabler=Yes, etc) and use the EFI method only to run your ethernet card/ fix App store issue.
My graphics card doesn't require EFI strings in Lion. The only string I added to the plist file was for my ethernet.

Hi, I know this post is kinda old but do you know if you have to have ethernet enabled to get the Mac App Store to work? Because the Ethernet just doesn't wanna enable itself no matter what I do and the Mac App Store won't work no matter what I do also.

Mythlin said:
Hi, I know this post is kinda old but do you know if you have to have ethernet enabled to get the Mac App Store to work? Because the Ethernet just doesn't wanna enable itself no matter what I do and the Mac App Store won't work no matter what I do also.

I've read somewhere that some people have trouble getting App Store to work if ethernet is off. I've tried it both on and off, and it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back