CPU
read the
Graphics
Rules
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had the same problem with not being to log into App Store even though I have an active Apple ID. I have tried PCIRootUID=1, and tried deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and com.apple.network.identification.plist but it did not work for me. Here's how I finally fixed it:

1) Ran EFIstudio and extracted my ethernet device's EFI string.

2) Saved resulting XML file to a text-only file, and then clicked "write to com.apple.Boot.plist". Take note that this is the com.apple.Boot.plist that is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, not the one in /Extra/. Put aside the ethernet XML file for later.

3) Since I use an EFI string to run my 9600 GT as well, I also extracted the EFI string into another XML file by using OSX86Tools.

3) Spliced both XML files, then imported the resulting file into OSX86Tools again to create the Hex code.

4) Edited com.apple.Boot.plist that is the /Extra/ folder, and under <key>device-properties</key>, I replaced my old videocard only Hex code with the combined video-card+ethernet Hex code.

5) Opened System Preferences/Network, and deleted all the devices on the left pane.

6) Opened /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot.

7) Once rebooted, went back to System Preferences/Network, and started adding devices again. Added Ethernet first, followed by WiFi (if you use WiFi as well) and all the other devices in there.I was then able to get into the App Store.

Hope this helps. :D

Baruy said:
3) Since I use an EFI string to run my 9600 GT as well, I also extracted the EFI string into another XML file by using OSX86Tools.

how may one tell if this is their case as well?
I want to follow your guide, but I don't fully understand this step. thanks

ninditsu said:
Baruy said:

how may one tell if this is their case as well?
I want to follow your guide, but I don't fully understand this step. thanks

If your graphics card works OOB, or if it works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, or with NVEnabler, you can skip this step. My graphics card can do none of the above, so I needed an EFI string inserted into com.apple.Boot.plist to function with QE/CI and full resolution, hence this step. Using OSX86Tools, I extracted this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
--->insert ethernet code here <----
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>@0,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@0,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@0,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
<key>@1,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@1,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@1,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
<key>NVCAP</key>
<data>
BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=
</data>
<key>NVPM</key>
<data>
AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
</data>
<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
<string>0x20000000</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>9600 GT</string>
<key>name</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>rom-revision</key>
<string>9600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Then using EFIStudio, I extracted this from my ethernet device:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>built-in</key>
<string>0x01</string>
</dict>

</dict>
</plist>

Then I inserted the ethernet code (in blue) into the first XML text file (graphics) in between the two lines in blue, saved the resulting code as a .plist file, then imported it back into OSX86Tools, and generated the hex code. This hex code, I then inserted into com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string> hex code here </string>

As I mentioned, if your video card is already working then just skip generating your graphics card's EFI string, then all you have to do is generate your ethernet EFI string with EFIStudio, and insert it under device-properties.

I had the same problem. Just ran EFistudio, (ethernet) clicked export to boot.plist, reboot! It worked. Does it mean that both boot.plists are read at boot? Because my system is still running in 32 bit so i can not install lion.

RYOTS said:
I had the same problem. Just ran EFistudio, (ethernet) clicked export to boot.plist, reboot! It worked. Does it mean that both boot.plists are read at boot? Because my system is still running in 32 bit so i can not install lion.

Yes, the EFI strings are read at boot to run the specific device.

Thanks! Worked perfectly for me on Lion. I had not been able to access the App Store on this computer since 10.6.7. I had to purchase Lion on my other mac and copy it over the network to install it. One thing to note is that EFIStudio 1.1 can covert any plist file to hex so there is no need to use OSX86Tools.

shawn_ said:
Thanks! Worked perfectly for me on Lion. I had not been able to access the App Store on this computer since 10.6.7. I had to purchase Lion on my other mac and copy it over the network to install it. One thing to note is that EFIStudio 1.1 can covert any plist file to hex so there is no need to use OSX86Tools.

Glad it worked for you, too. Yes, EFIStudio can convert plist files directly, so OSXTools can be skipped entirely. In my case though, I needed to do the custom plist for my graphics card in OSX86tools, which was not found in EFIStudio's dropdown list.

Worked for me as well. Thank you! Previously, just deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist file had worked, but I had to redo my install and it didn't this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back