i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On every startup I see the message that my computer was restarted because of a problem.

System uptime in the log is always the same, so I guess it's a faulty error that's stored somewhere.

I read other threads with similar problems, but deleting nvram.plist didn't help and
Code:
sudo nvram -c
results in
Code:
nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted

Attached is the error log.

I hope someone has an idea or sees something in the log I do not.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 288
On every startup I see the message that my computer was restarted because of a problem.

System uptime in the log is always the same, so I guess it's a faulty error that's stored somewhere.

I read other threads with similar problems, but deleting nvram.plist didn't help and
Code:
sudo nvram -c
results in
Code:
nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted

Attached is the error log.

I hope someone has an idea or sees something in the log I do not.

Thanks.

Which version of Aptio fix are you using?
Can you attach your EFI folder?

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, should I try 3?

Latest version is AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, use it instead of the one you're using.
Delete also EmuVariableUefi-64.efi if you're using it.

Delete your nvram.plist file, then reboot.

If you post your entire EFI folder we can be more accurate

Found the problem. Reason was that an old apfs.efi from High Sierra was in my drivers64UEFI folder. Using ApfsDriverLoader.efi now. Just changing the old OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with AptioMemoryFix.efi and deleting EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi (thought that I still need it for iMessage) was not enough, but thanks for pushing me into the right direction! :clap:

I had the same message keep coming up but had already dumped using apfs.efi and switched to ApfsDriverLoader.efi.
I solved it by unplugging my Wacom Tablet before booting. A bit strange that the tablet worked fine if I booted with it plugged in but if I plug it in after booting then it no longer works.

Off to search for updated drivers for the tablet.

I had the same message keep coming up but had already dumped using apfs.efi and switched to ApfsDriverLoader.efi.
I solved it by unplugging my Wacom Tablet before booting. A bit strange that the tablet worked fine if I booted with it plugged in but if I plug it in after booting then it no longer works.

Off to search for updated drivers for the tablet.

Looks like your USB are not working properly. Did you make a custom SSDT for it?

Everything else plugged in via USB is working fine and the tablet works when plugged in at booting. Just not if I plug it in afterwards (USB 2). Booting with it unplugged solves the error message.
There is a notice on Wacom's web site about having to enable a tick box in System Preferances | Security & Privacy | Privacy | Accessibility. Unfortunately the Wacom driver bit is missing from there so I can't enable it. Reinstalling the driver/app hasn't made any difference. The next step will be to find where the driver is located and add it manually to see if that sorts it.
I haven't used the tablet on my real Macbook so I'll have to try it there when I update that to Mojave.

I am a newbie to all this hackintosh stuff and was having a read about making a custom SSDT so that is on my list of things to do. I want to sort out the tablet issue first, and then finally the sound (ALC1220), and then everythings is up and working and I can start so see if I can figure SSDTs out.
Cheers.

@b166ar I made a custom SSDT but that didn't make any difference, it still exhibited the same problem. I eventually changed the USB cable to the tablet and everything is working fine now. Thanks anyway as this forced me to sort out the SSDT.

I also get this error:

Code:
nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted[code]

Can't seem to clear the NVRAM file. Can't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back