Dell xps 13 7390 (not 2-in-1)
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
HD Graphics 620 4K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone.
After staying in El Capitan for 2 years I decided to try to install Mojave on my Yoga 2 Pro(details in my signature).
Long story short I cannot get the graphics to work properly (I only have one resolution and cannot scale and my "about this Mac" vram is 21mb.

I was following the Clover tutorial from RehabMan, other tutorials from other sites and even tried dumping the CLOVER folder
for another thread here where high Sierra was installed in Yoga 2 pro.
During the last 3 days I probably installed Mojave about 7 times.
Trying both FakePCIID methods and now I am trying with Whatevergreen + Lilu and FB-Patcher.

FB-patcher does log my correct vram but it is not picked up from the laptop.
I did try setting DVMT pre-allocated memory to 96 and 128 mb, Legacy boot with Uefi as priority also setup.

Multiple SMBIOS and ig-platform-ids have been tried already but I do not seem to find the proper combination.

At some point I got it to properly scale but there were some small glitches every time I was typing so I though that it was not properly setup and redid the process. Needless to say not only I didn't make it but also I don't have that semi working configuration any more.

I am attaching the zip created from the automated install_tools.sh script.

If someone can have a look and help me out would be great.

Thanks for the effort and the great content.

Cheers
(if the post is in a wrong subforum feel free to move)

Attachments

• debug_24468.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
Moved to Laptop Support.

Hey everyone.
After staying in El Capitan for 2 years I decided to try to install Mojave on my Yoga 2 Pro(details in my signature).
Long story short I cannot get the graphics to work properly (I only have one resolution and cannot scale and my "about this Mac" vram is 21mb.

I was following the Clover tutorial from RehabMan, other tutorials from other sites and even tried dumping the CLOVER folder
for another thread here where high Sierra was installed in Yoga 2 pro.
During the last 3 days I probably installed Mojave about 7 times.
Trying both FakePCIID methods and now I am trying with Whatevergreen + Lilu and FB-Patcher.

FB-patcher does log my correct vram but it is not picked up from the laptop.
I did try setting DVMT pre-allocated memory to 96 and 128 mb, Legacy boot with Uefi as priority also setup.

Multiple SMBIOS and ig-platform-ids have been tried already but I do not seem to find the proper combination.

At some point I got it to properly scale but there were some small glitches every time I was typing so I though that it was not properly setup and redid the process. Needless to say not only I didn't make it but also I don't have that semi working configuration any more.

I am attaching the zip created from the automated install_tools.sh script.

If someone can have a look and help me out would be great.

Thanks for the effort and the great content.

Cheers
(if the post is in a wrong subforum feel free to move)

Make sure you use WhateverGreen properties to patch the framebuffer to match your DVMT-prealloc setting.

Make sure you use WhateverGreen properties to patch the framebuffer to match your DVMT-prealloc setting.

Unfortunately the closest I got was a MacBook Air setup where I get a second option for 1600x900 HiDPI with the attached config (has. a 2 in the name because I am still experimenting with the main one)
but still the vram shown in about this Mac is only 21mb.
Tried multiple DVMT pre-alloc values (from 32 -256mb)

Trying to set it up as a MacBook Pro 11,1 seems not possible.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• config2.plist
    21.1 KB · Views: 170
Unfortunately the closest I got was a MacBook Air setup where I get a second option for 1600x900 HiDPI with the attached config (has. a 2 in the name because I am still experimenting with the main one)
but still the vram shown in about this Mac is only 21mb.
Tried multiple DVMT pre-alloc values (from 32 -256mb)

Trying to set it up as a MacBook Pro 11,1 seems not possible.
Any ideas?
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My bad.
Attaching the zip.

Did some more changes.
Removing all entries for framebuffer-* makes the build run exactly the same but still as a "MacBook Air".
vram is not moving from 21mb no matter what settings I change.
Please note that 'config.plist' is what I am experimenting on.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• debug_22500.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
My bad.
Attaching the zip.

Did some more changes.
Removing all entries for framebuffer-* makes the build run exactly the same but still as a "MacBook Air".
vram is not moving from 21mb no matter what settings I change.
Please note that 'config.plist' is what I am experimenting on.
Thanks for your time.

No ioreg in this debug zip. Please check your files before upload.

No ioreg in this debug zip. Please check your files before upload.

Sorry for that.
The install_tool.sh script was failing to generate it.
I exported it manually from ioregistryexplorer(v2.1) and included it in the zip.
config.plist is the one I use now and it works for a MacBook Air 6,1 and 6,2 SMBIOS but only for 1600x900 and 21mb vram.

Thanks

upload_2018-11-7_8-53-19.png
upload_2018-11-7_8-53-44.png

Attachments

• debug_22488.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
Sorry for that.
The install_tool.sh script was failing to generate it.
I exported it manually from ioregistryexplorer(v2.1) and included it in the zip.
config.plist is the one I use now and it works for a MacBook Air 6,1 and 6,2 SMBIOS but only for 1600x900 and 21mb vram.

Thanks

View attachment 363641View attachment 363642

Your profile is missing screen resolution and laptop make/model.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back