i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I have a an external USB audio device, Yamaha/Steinberg UR22. I downloaded and installed their Mac driver succcessfully on Sierra. It installs with no errors, I get good sound from the device. The issue is that I cannot control the volume through the software volume sliders, the sliders are greyed out. I have to use the physical volume knob on the device.

I've tried to repair permissions on /S/L/E but I get this error .... YamahaSteinbergUSBAudio.kext has no Info.plist file. I've read that this could be caused by in incorrectly installed driver or it is corrupted. I've uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of the driver with no luck.

Side note, I have disabled the onboard audio through the bios. I uninstalled the voodoo kexts in Sierra. I am only using the USB audio device.

Can anyone provide any info on how to get the volume sliders to work or how to resolve the YamahaSteinbergUSBAudio.kext has no Info.plist file errors. Where can I look on the system for clues on how to resolve this. Thanks in advance!

Sam

I have the same USB Interface. I think they disable the volume control on MacOS because the volume is controlled via the units volume knob

Yeah, after looking through the USB device documention, I see it says to use the knob on the device to adjust the sound. I assumed that I would be able to adjust the volume since I was able to adjust it through the software in Windows 10 and on multiple flavors of Linux.

Well I just waisted a lot of time trying to figure this out lol. Thanks everyone!

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back