Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
My Machine works like a charm mostly (some light quirks with USB (power related) and no working Bluetooth Headset mic, but the rest is working fine).

I'm using an NVidia GTX 750 with n 17.1 system definition, and have alternately used the applescript or the kext that are listed in the first post in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/
(the two easy methods. many thanks for that article!!!) macOS 10.12.6, with change of the requiredversion behaviour to enable the last nvidia driver (behaviour was the same with 10.12.5 though).

My problem is that when trying to do profiling in xcode, instruments starts up fine, but after chosing the profiling option the profiler window is transparent. mouse input works, but the window content is invisible. When booting with nvidia webdriver disabled, it works fine.

Does anyone have a current sierra / xcode and a nvidia card and is able to use instruments? If so, what is your method for enabling the web driver?

sooo.. the solution above sort of works. but it prevents instruments from executing elevated code, in consequence the time profiler does not work. What does work is the solution by mlg (many many thanks), which is a kext that makes nvidia drivers look as if they are signed. -> #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back