Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As said, I had success installing Sierra with Clover on my hackintosh. Everything works as supposed, USB 2 and 3, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti, mouse, keyboard, but the thing is: "sudo trim force enable" doesn't turn on my trim support, and TRIM ENABLER doesn't work either. Trim was Enable in Yosemite, so, please, if you have a fix for it, pleaseeeeeeee let me know!

Thank you!

My SSD is a Samsung 840 1TB - not PRO

Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator :

Select Kernel and Kext Patches

In KextsToPatch :
Name = IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find = 004150504C452053534400
Replace = 0000000000000000000000
Comment = Trim Patch

Man, it worked. Thank YOU!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As said, I had success installing Sierra with Clover on my hackintosh. Everything works as supposed, USB 2 and 3, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti, mouse, keyboard, but the thing is: "sudo trim force enable" doesn't turn on my trim support, and TRIM ENABLER doesn't work either. Trim was Enable in Yosemite, so, please, if you have a fix for it, pleaseeeeeeee let me know!

Thank you!

Hi, I've got same MoBo than you
could you tell me which bootflags did you use for the installation? I'm trying with differents boot flags, but always crashed.
thanks!

could you tell me which bootflags did you use for the installation? I'm trying with differents boot flags, but always crashed.
thanks!

I am also curious about the boot flags, cannot get this mobo working with Sierra,

any help, greatly appreciated!!

Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator :

Select Kernel and Kext Patches

In KextsToPatch :
Name = IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find = 004150504C452053534400
Replace = 0000000000000000000000
Comment = Trim Patch

Will this also work with the Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard? I would love to get trim going for my Sierra install...
Thanks.

thanks!

Thanks to txongoku for these:

-v dart=0 darkwake=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No acpi=off USBBusFix=Yes nv_disable=1

Remember, a SSDT is required to be in the EFI partition in CLOVER/ACPI/patched for the USB 2.0 ports to function during install.

Thank you!

Hi! I have the same motherboard and GPU as you, but cannot managed to install Sierra. Do you mind sharing your EF-folder?
best,
Giert Clausen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back