i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I turned on my computer today after not turning on for two months. It booted with not problems. After I logged in I was prompted to update clover and I did. Then MacOS prompted me to download and isnstall the latest update, I did. When the computer restarted during the update process it got stuck after the boot screen when I select to run MacOS (I have dual boot). Windows loads fine. When it's booting up I briefly see a bunch of words (see attached screen shot).

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?
Maybe the screenshot can give you a clue how to solve this.
VideoCapture_20180911-150344.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?
It is not an issue, just normal output from the APFS.

It will be suppressed if you use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead of apfs.efi.

It is not an issue, just normal output from the APFS.

It will be suppressed if you use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead of apfs.efi.
How do I go about doing this? Even if it's a bit technical I can figure it out, I just need the steps. Thanks!

I just need the steps.
Download the Clover installer.
Install it.

While the EFI partition is mounted be sure to delete apfs.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Download the Clover installer.
Install it.

While the EFI partition is mounted be sure to delete apfs.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Edit : I just reread your post - You cannot install it if you cannot boot.
Boot from a USB installer and at the Clover screen select your hard drive and boot.
When you reach the desktop you can reinstall Clover.

The minimum requirement is :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

And any additional drivers that you need for other operating systems.

Edit : I just reread your post - You cannot install it if you cannot boot.
Boot from a USB installer and at the Clover screen select your hard drive and boot.
When you reach the desktop you can reinstall Clover.

The minimum requirement is :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

And any additional drivers that you need for other operating systems.
Fixed! Yay!
I ended up removing the hard drive from the hackintosh and connecting it to my Macbook. From there I mounted the EFI partion and pasted the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the clover backup into the drivers64UEFI folder.
After doing that I was able to boot my computer.
Thanks!

I ended up removing the hard drive from the hackintosh and connecting it to my Macbook. From there I mounted the EFI partion and pasted the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the clover backup into the drivers64UEFI folder.
After doing that I was able to boot my computer.
Good job.

Be aware that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 is pretty much obsolete now and you should consider switching to AptioMemoryFix.

Good job.

Be aware that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 is pretty much obsolete now and you should consider switching to AptioMemoryFix.
Thanks for the advice. I just went in clover and switched it to AptioMemoryFix like you advised and the computer still rebooted.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back