Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] WOL got lost along the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything else you can think of ?
Not really, there isn't much else that it can be.
What is the exact version of the IntelMausiEthernet.kext that you use ?

Not really, there isn't much else that it can be.
What is the exact version of the IntelMausiEthernet.kext that you use ?
As per the attached screenshot 2.4.0 Incidentally prior to having posted this thread I tested all the IntelMausiEthernet.kexts I actually used over the years from 2.1.0 till the current version. In addition I also tested AppleIntelE1000e Versions 3.3.5, 3.3.6 and 3.3.7 , of which none cut it.
I must be doing something wrong because the same "Wake for network access" problem manifests itself on both of my machines with different architectures to begin with. I guess without power to the NICs, when a machine i.s sleeping, restoring "Wake for network access" to what it has always been now just remains a pipe dream. Before I forget I even reflashed my bios on both of the builds, F23g for Skylake and F10b for Haswell.

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.jpeg
    IntelMausiEthernet.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 130
OK thanks for your assistance and help, I will sleep over this after which I may have some more ideas to explore in order to get this working again.
I will continue to monitor this thread, should anything cross your mind in the interim, or for that matter anybody else please share your ideas here, every input will be greatly appreciated.
Greetings

Hi @P1LGRIM Just wandering what NIC model you are using with the IntelMausiEthernet.kext on your Lenovo hack. On my Haswell build I use the built in Intel I217V NIC whereas on my Skylake build I use the built in Intel I219V NIC. During the last 2 years I updated my bios a few times and it could also be that I lost "Wake on network access" during one of these bios updates. The bios updates did however not
affect "Wake on network access" and "WOL" in Windows. I am also wandering if there is anybody on this board that can confirm that "Wake on network access" on their GA-Z170X-UD3 or GA-Z97X-UD3H hacks
is actually working. Another option would be to ask Mieze, the author of this LAN driver, over on "the other side" for assistance.
Greetings

Hi @P1LGRIM Just wandering what NIC model you are using with the IntelMausiEthernet.kext on your Lenovo hack. On my Haswell build I use the built in Intel I217V NIC whereas on my Skylake build I use the built in Intel I219V NIC. During the last 2 years I updated my bios a few times and it could also be that I lost "Wake on network access" during one of these bios updates. The bios updates did however not
affect "Wake on network access" and "WOL" in Windows. I am also wandering if there is anybody on this board that can confirm that "Wake on network access" on their GA-Z170X-UD3 or GA-Z97X-UD3H hacks
is actually working. Another option would be to ask Mieze, the author of this LAN driver, over on "the other side" for assistance.
Greetings
Intel I218V3 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet

Intel I218V3 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
Hi @P1LGRIM Problem solved on both machines by generating a new Network "Location" and deleting the old one in System/Preferences/Network. Thereafter some minimal network configuration was required, and that was it. Both machines now handle "Wake for network access" again the way they have always done.:crazy: The network link from the NIC to the switch port, which serves the particular NIC, remains alive while the machine is asleep. The LED on the NIC as well as on its respective switch port also remain lit during sleep.
Thanks for your assistance throughout. Will now mark this thread as [SOLVED] hoping that others with the same problem have it easier to rectify.
Greeting

Hi @P1LGRIM Problem solved on both machines by generating a new Network "Location" and deleting the old one in System/Preferences/Network. Thereafter some minimal network configuration was required, and that was it. Both machines now handle "Wake for network access" again the way they have always done.:crazy: The network link from the NIC to the switch port, which serves the particular NIC, remains alive while the machine is asleep. The LED on the NIC as well as on its respective switch port also remain lit during sleep.
Thanks for your assistance throughout. Will now mark this thread as [SOLVED] hoping that others with the same problem have it easier to rectify.
Greeting

Hi Henties,

I have the same problem. I have read that you have solved that by generating a new network location? Please can you help my step by step how you did managed that?

Greetings Zoehir

Hi Henties,

Please can you help my step by step how you did managed that?

Greetings Zoehir
Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Restart and then reconfigure your network interface in System Preferences -> Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back