Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 730X H2C
CPU
Intel Core i7-965 Extreme
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX Titan
I'm trying the kexts in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fakepciid-broadcom-bcm57xx-network-oob.155984/ Dropped these files on desktop.. and run kextbeast.. destination system/library/extensions..
Ive tried running sudo kextcache -i / command as suggested in another thread.

reboot.. and hoping for ethernet to magically work. which it's not.

Knowledge pretty limited here.. Im not sure if ethernet is not appearing because of wrong kext or something I have not done.. is there a way to confirm this?

Last edited:
@manmoth, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Last edited:
Problems solved. Bought an EDIMAX AC1200 USB WIFI and all good now. Thanks to tonymacx86 and those who've made it so easy to get OSX running.

Last edited:
Problems solved. Bought an EDIMAX AC1200 USB WIFI and all good now. Thanks to tonymacx86 and those who've made it so easy to get OSX running.

Hey manmoth,
Good your wifi usb works, I just need a cheap wifi to work so I bought another brand,
My TL-WN722Nv2 can work but got two issues:
it can only link to invisible SSID hotspots, not visible free hotspots because it cannot see any ... that's so strange) and I won't be able to use any of the "wifi-explorer" type apps:
https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/wifi-explorer-lite/id1408727408?mt=12

Can you confirm my issues doesn't exist on your Edimax AC1200? if it's my device's issue or this model?

Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

For anyone else (as I’m so late to reply) this has worked perfectly and I’ve also used it successfully on an Alienware 17 R4 today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back