Contribute
Register

[solved] Windows time problem with dual-boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not possible to read any of your images.
They are not english.
Also, the name of the key in ioreg is truncated... not possible to verify it is correct.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I can translate it to you, no other ways to make them more english, as far as my windows is SL (single language).
What files for windows do you need as typical?)
UPD. Ok, for me, using QWORD value instead of DWORD fixed my problem, as far, as i have read, that DWORD is for 32 windows versions, so, the DWORD method is only working if you reboot from windows to windows, once you will launch mac os - the time will be broken..

Last edited:
I can translate it to you, no other ways to make them more english, as far as my windows is SL (single language).
What files for windows do you need as typical?)
UPD. Ok, for me, using QWORD value instead of DWORD fixed my problem, as far, as i have read, that DWORD is for 32 windows versions, so, the DWORD method is only working if you reboot from windows to windows, once you will launch mac os - the time will be broken..

QWORD is wrong.
Must be DWORD.

QWORD is wrong.
Must be DWORD.
Ok, here it is:
With DWORD i need to swith tumbler after every boot of mac os, with the QWORD everything is working as should. I found this info in most of linux/windows time problem..

Ok, here it is:
With DWORD i need to swith tumbler after every boot of mac os, with the QWORD everything is working as should. I found this info in most of linux/windows time problem..

Good luck with that...
(I'm using DWORD here... always works).

Good luck with that...
(I'm using DWORD here... always works).
If DWORD work for me, i use it, but in fact, as i told many times before, after mac os boot my windows time resets in a stange way.. I want to use dword, as per guide, but i can't, as this simply doesnt work for me, and not only..
With QWORD everything is as should.

If DWORD work for me, i use it, but in fact, as i told many times before, after mac os boot my windows time resets in a stange way.. I want to use dword, as per guide, but i can't, as this simply doesnt work for me, and not only..
With QWORD everything is as should.

I think QWORD setting likely ignored.
So probably you have some other things installed on the macOS side that need BIOS time to be local...
Or QWORD and DWORD are equivalent, and your problem was actually something else you finally resolved.

But whatever works for you.
It would be easy for you to see how your Windows setting is affecting BIOS time...

I think QWORD setting likely ignored.
So, i think, that you could read it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_(computer_architecture)#Dword_and_Qword
"DWORD (32 bits/4 bytes) and QWORD (64 bits/8 bytes) respectively". It may sound strange, but.. All the guides i have read about windows time problem (when someone installed unix-like system, than windows) qword is required for x64-bit systems, i DONT know why, as i saw many times, that DWORD must be used. SO, in conclusion, i can only say for my OWN system, where DWORD is not working CORRECTLY, and QWORD works as should.

This situation is close to the bcfg in efi shell, but bcfg is working for me, while ubuntu method NOT.

So, i think, that you could read it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_(computer_architecture)#Dword_and_Qword
"DWORD (32 bits/4 bytes) and QWORD (64 bits/8 bytes) respectively". It may sound strange, but.. All the guides i have read about windows time problem (when someone installed unix-like system, than windows) qword is required for x64-bit systems, i DONT know why, as i saw many times, that DWORD must be used. SO, in conclusion, i can only say for my OWN system, where DWORD is not working CORRECTLY, and QWORD works as should.

This situation is close to the bcfg in efi shell, but bcfg is working for me, while ubuntu method NOT.

QWORD not required for 64-bit Windows.
I always use DWORD. It works.

QWORD not required for 64-bit Windows.
I always use DWORD. It works.
So, what tests i should do? I haven't done nothing more, and if i set now dword back, time is broken again..

So, what tests i should do? I haven't done nothing more, and if i set now dword back, time is broken again..

Use what works for you. I'm not really interested.

If you're curious, you could easily check what time BIOS displays after syncing the time in Windows.
Then you would know if it is storing the RTC clock in UTC or local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back