Intel 6700K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey,

I had problems with my external drive not being detected and resolved it by installing Intel 200 series USB kexts with Multibeast. The problem now is that Windows won't boot and it's stuck on a black screen with a ticking underscore.

I think this happened after I deleted my EFI partition to install it in Legacy Mode (Mac being in UEFI and Windows in Legacy), and being stuck with a "Installation failed" message from Multibeast Bootloader. I reinstalled my previous EFI UEFI partition, and while everything is working fine in MacOS (although graphic drivers switched from Nvidia to OSX drivers for some reason), I just can't boot up in Windows, like always I did, by just letting everything boot up from itself until getting to the Windows desktop.

I also checked my BIOS options and everything is like before. Boot mode is on Legacy + UEFI, so Windows is supposed to load automatically if I don't change boot options.

Thank you for you help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.4 KB · Views: 240
Here is an update : Windows successfully booted after disconnecting the SSD with MacOS on it.

Remember that I tried to install EFI partition in Legacy mode but it failed, so I put my previous EFI UEFI partition back. I guess that when installation failed, Multibeast installed some weird stuff that corrupted my booting in a way that Windows now tries to boot into Uefi mode when Mac SSD is connected, although Windows is installed in Legacy, because it does the same black screen with ticking underscore when I boot Windows from the Clover screen (so UEFI boot).
I just don't understand why Multibeast would do anything to Windows boot. Seems like nothing changed in my boot configuration on Clover configurator.

So I would like some help to figure out what changed with the aborted Multibeast installation, and what should I change back to be able to boot Windows in Legacy Mode while my UEFI MacOS SSD is still connected like before.

Solved the problem by repairing Windows with the DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back