Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i7-2720QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Hello. I have just noticed that when I try to boot on window 10, windows 10 change the booting file (do not remember the name) and creates a new one. So afterwards the computer boots directly into Windows 10 skipping Clover. I changed the file name, but the same thing happened. Any solution?

Windows 10 fixing booting

Rehab man, sorry for disturbing you. In the post you said "you can also use 'efibootmgr' in Linux to add a Clover entry and fix the boot order."

What is efibootmgr? Is this a program in linux. I can certainly boot using a linux mint stick.
Thanks

Rehab man, sorry for disturbing you. In the post you said "you can also use 'efibootmgr' in Linux to add a Clover entry and fix the boot order."

What is efibootmgr? Is this a program in linux. I can certainly boot using a linux mint stick.
Thanks

efibootmgr is a program for Linux that can manage UEFI boot entries in BIOS.

Also, if you do the rename correctly, eventually Windows will stop re-creating the file.

Dear Rehabman. Thanks for your answer. I have done the renaming correctly. What is happening now, if I boot through Clover into Windows 10, it regenerates the file everytime, so it boots directly into windows 10. I am out of town, but once I am back I will need to do the efibootmgr. Hope I will not make the system unbootable. Thanks again for your quick answer.

Dear Rehabman. Thanks for your answer. I have done the renaming correctly. What is happening now, if I boot through Clover into Windows 10, it regenerates the file everytime, so it boots directly into windows 10.

It means you didn't do it correctly. Read my guide carefully.

Eventually, after all updates stop, it will stop replacing the file. But only if you follow my instructions exactly as written. If you're simply deleting the file when it appears, you're doing it wrong.

Rehabman, I have always follow your guides up to the comas and periods. I am deleting the file and renaming the new one. I am afraid that Windows 10 has become very smart.

Rehabman, I have always follow your guides up to the comas and periods. I am deleting the file and renaming the new one. I am afraid that Windows 10 has become very smart.

Windows 10 will eventually stop replacing it. I've done it here with Win10, no problem.

Of course, the best way to deal with it is to leave the file as bootmgfw.efi, and modify the BIOS priority for UEFI entries instead.

Just in case somebody has the same problem, I found the reason for it. The real problem was that window 10 was failing to update but it was successful in correcting the booting file. I was able, finally, to go through and complete the update, and after that I have to delete one of the files and change the name of the other, and voila. Problem solved. Thanks Rehabman for your patience.

Just in case somebody has the same problem, I found the reason for it. The real problem was that window 10 was failing to update but it was successful in correcting the booting file. I was able, finally, to go through and complete the update, and after that I have to delete one of the files and change the name of the other, and voila. Problem solved. Thanks Rehabman for your patience.

Marked [solved].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back