CPU
XEON E3-1230 v3 / C222
Graphics
Aspeed AST2400 + Radeon Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having the "window server only ran for 0 seconds" problem when trying to boot the High Sierra installer. After searching through the forum and reading this post I realised that I have to disable the integrated graphics and not my discreet nVidia Quadro 600, because the onboard graphic chip (Aspeed AST2400, no Intel!) does not have a HDMI output but VGA only.

Does anyone have a clue how to proceed here? Sierra has been running fine until now ...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    731 KB · Views: 89
Apple has not supported VGA natively in macOS for over a decade.

I am having the "window server only ran for 0 seconds" problem when trying to boot the High Sierra installer. After searching through the forum and reading this post I realised that I have to disable the integrated graphics and not my discreet nVidia Quadro 600, because the onboard graphic chip (Aspeed AST2400, no Intel!) does not have a HDMI output but VGA only.

Does anyone have a clue how to proceed here? Sierra has been running fine until now ...

Try this config.plist in your Clover folder

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 283
Thank you, Chris, for the quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't work - the boot process hangs here (see screenshot). This is the output on the Quadro's DVI port. On the DisplayPort there is no signal (black).

I'm sorry, forgot the image ...

IMG_2846.JPG

I'm sorry, forgot the image ...
Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Serial.png

Yes, I saw this too, although I deactivated the port in BIOS as long as I remember. I am away right now but will continue trying to fix the boot after Jan 8.

I solved this problem by deactivating all fixes and drops in Clover. However I have now another problem which I opened a new thread for.

@P1LGRIM: And YES, I can confirm that the Serial port (SuperIO) is still deactivated in BIOS and nevertheless shows up on boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back