Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
So my friend has accidentally installed the 10.12.1 update on my Hackintosh and my wifi stopped working after the update.

I have the Broadcom BCM94352Z Wifi Card which worked perfectly before, and I've tried reinstalling the FakePCIID kexts and adding the Broadcom Wifi patch for Sierra again but with no luck.

Anyone experiencing similar issue or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

P.S - I've also tried adding the New patch for SMBIOS whitelist AirportBrcm4360 abgn WiFi from the common problems guide, still doesn't work :(

It never ceases to amaze me how many friends, wives, girlfriends etc manage to "accidentally" upgrade and break things while the owner isn't looking.

See : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cm94352-wifi-not-working.206002/#post-1360593
which may help.
Thanks for the reply. And haha, I swear it wasn't me. After the last update broke my mic, I promised to myself that I wouldn't install anymore updates since I need this laptop for uni and can't afford to take the risk. But then this happened.

Also I've tried going through the link you provided, but seems like they haven't figured it out yet either. Can you please be more specific to about what you're referring to? Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks again :)

It worked! :D Thanks a lot for the help. Appreciate it :)

Also do you know how to disable updates permanently? I'd like to avoid these happening in the future :p

Also do you know how to disable updates permanently? I'd like to avoid these happening in the future

I have never disabled updates as I like to keep my systems updated (manually of course) but I hear that Google is great for finding stuff.

I have never disabled updates as I like to keep my systems updated (manually of course) but I hear that Google is great for finding stuff.
Same here, but every update so far seems to have broken something for me, and I can't afford to risk it since this machine is my daily driver at the university. So I'm kind of torn.

And haha, I shall look into it :p Thanks again for your help :)

You are a life saver. I was searching for 3 days for a solution for my dell 9343 wifi was not turning on and after added these 3 entries to kext to patch section it started to work.

Thank you for this, you saved a lot of time for me and bring a big smile of joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back