Contribute
Register

[solved] Wifi and Bluetooth with the Azurewave miniPCIe AW-CE123H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed the AW-CE123H (which uses Broadcom BCM4352 and BCM20702) in my Gigabyte hackintosh and decided to look into the what seems to be the definitive thread for it - http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html. While it was difficult for me to follow all the instructions as they applied to my card, to the extent that they didn't conflict with the PDF's and docs over at https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini/ , here's what i did:

• Reading the thread, unzipped and ran wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0a.command from the github repository
  • This command modified (and backed up) my IO80211Family.kext and IoBluetoothFamily.kext
  • Rebooted and noticed no results
  • Unzipped and read [Guide]_airport_half-mini_details.pdf from the repository.
  • On its recommendation, used Kext Wizard to install toledaARPT.kext
  • Upon reboot, the Wifi adapter began working, but Bluetooth was nowhere to be found
  • Now, and this is, at the latest, definitely where I went wrong, I decided to go into the "Deprecated Files" directory and install bcm4352bt.kext with Kext Wizard.
  • Upon reboot, Bluetooth appeared and seemed properly configured. Unfortunately, it would not connect to any of the devices it detected.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what it was that made even the WiFi work, and am considering reverting the IO80211Family and IOBluetoothFamily kexts, just to be safe. Has anyone had any experience with getting the Bluetooth connecting to devices (no fancy Continuity stuff or anything even)?

Thanks ameno86 & RehabMan, I have an Azure AW-CE123H miniPCI device and it stopped working with macOS High Sierra. I used the links you provided which led me to download the RehabMan-FakePCIID-2018-0421.zip file kexts and I installed FakePCIID.kext and then FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and Wifi worked. Then I found the RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705.zip file kexts and got the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and installed using "Kext Utility v2.6.4" and Rebooted and Bluetooth worked. Many thanks for your post.

Last edited:
Hey. I'm trying to run this card (AW-CE123H) on iMac early 2008 High Sierra 10.13.4.
WiFi works well, but after installation Brcm*.kexts iMac takes a long time to boot and still no BT.
Instructions that I used.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README-Mac.md
Please help. I have no experience in MacOS.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hey all, I had my hackintosh working really well, but then recently I decided to go from Yosemite to Mojave and the wifi is no longer a simple fix as it once was.
The install went fine as far as I could tell and I used @RehabMan 's scripts to install everything from the Brix installation guide. I'm booting Mojave fine, everything looks good, but WIFI doesn't come up. As far as I can tell, the scripts installed the kexts everything I should need for WIFI and BT. I can see the kexts in EFI and in /L/E/ that are mentioned in the guide.
I have attached the debug dump as requested. Any help would be appreciated.
Honestly, I don't care about BT at all, but I really need WIFI on this machine.

EDIT: First thing I noticed was the kexts weren't being recognized because they didn't have the right permissions. Like an idiot I used finder. I fixed those permissions with chown and the result is the same, no WIFI or BT with the Azurewave card.

Attachments

• debug_11796.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 67
  • debug_9425.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hey all, I had my hackintosh working really well, but then recently I decided to go from Yosemite to Mojave and the wifi is no longer a simple fix as it once was.
The install went fine as far as I could tell and I used @RehabMan 's scripts to install everything from the Brix installation guide. I'm booting Mojave fine, everything looks good, but WIFI doesn't come up. As far as I can tell, the scripts installed the kexts everything I should need for WIFI and BT. I can see the kexts in EFI and in /L/E/ that are mentioned in the guide.
I have attached the debug dump as requested. Any help would be appreciated.
Honestly, I don't care about BT at all, but I really need WIFI on this machine.

My BRIX guide recommends Broadcom BCM94252 WiFi hardware.
You installed Atheros. No Atheros WiFi support in Mojave.

My BRIX guide recommends Broadcom BCM94252 WiFi hardware.
You installed Atheros. No Atheros WiFi support in Mojave.
So I need a new card. Ok, well that was easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back