Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
you may need to experiment with specifically which version of Windows you're spoofing
Sorry I can't quite understand this, could you explain it to me?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry I can't quite understand this, could you explain it to me?

Read the comments in SSDT-XOSI.dsl. And read the ACPI hotpatch guide.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Read the comments in SSDT-XOSI.dsl. And read the ACPI hotpatch guide.
How do I know if I uncommented the right line of the SSDT-XOSI.dsl file? should my wifi work right away?
also how would you pick which lines to uncomment and which ones to leave commented?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How do I know if I uncommented the right line of the SSDT-XOSI.dsl file? should my wifi work right away?
also how would you pick which lines to uncomment and which ones to leave commented?

There is a link provided in SSDT-XOSI.aml that you should follow and read.
The rule is relatively simple, if you have _OSI respond positively to a later version of "Windows", it must also respond positively to all previous versions of Windows and "Windows" itself.
It is explained in the document provided by Microsoft.

I cannot predict the future (regarding whether your WiFi will work or not).
If you have an issue, you must provide a detailed description of the issue and PR files, as requested in FAQ.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is a link provided in SSDT-XOSI.aml that you should follow and read.
The rule is relatively simple, if you have _OSI respond positively to a later version of "Windows", it must also respond positively to all previous versions of Windows and "Windows" itself.
It is explained in the document provided by Microsoft.

I cannot predict the future (regarding whether your WiFi will work or not).
If you have an issue, you must provide a detailed description of the issue and PR files, as requested in FAQ.

Ok, thank you again for helping me.
How do I check _OSI’s respond from my Hackintosh so that I can debug it (check if it has worked)?
What are the PR files required to report an issue of this kind?
Are you saying I should comment all the lines and uncomment the one at a time from the older one and see if it works each time?
The fact that I applied the "OS Check Fix" (in particular the system_OSYS_linux.txt) while static patching will affect this process? should I reExtract my native ACPI and start over with hotpatching?
I have seen on the comments of the SSDT-XOSI.aml that I need to add to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder What order should I use then?

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, thank you again for helping me.
How do I check _OSI’s respond from my Hackintosh so that I can debug it (check if it has worked)?
What are the PR files required to report an issue of this kind?
Are you saying I should comment all the lines and uncomment the one at a time from the older one and see if it works each time?
The fact that I applied the "OS Check Fix" (in particular the system_OSYS_linux.txt) while static patching will affect this process? should I reExtract my native ACPI and start over with hotpatching?
I have seen on the comments of the SSDT-XOSI.aml that I need to add to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder What order should I use then?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't believe I am so stupid. on my Dell's keyboard, by pressing Fn + (the key next to F12 with a little antenna on it) it is possible to enter some sort of an airplane mode.. I am surprised that this works on Mac OS even if there is no such thing as Airplane Mode in high Sierra.. I am glad I got it fixed, and thank you RehabMan for all your help and commitment to this forum. You're awesome and I really appreciate your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.