Contribute
Register

[solved] Why does cursor freeze after sleep just for a few seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 2 15inch
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400 + GT 840M, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I had this problem on Sierra too,
Is there any solution for that?

It is likely due to unneeded connectors in the framebuffer.

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Dear @RehabMan, after being here for 3 months it's clear to me the best way to solve problems would be trying to read what you often refer people to and after that if one feels that needs some help then asking a particular question alongside providing "Problem Report" would b helpful.

But believe me I did my best to read that post and even skimmed pages 90-94 but still I couldn't get even a bit of it.

What should I edit? Where should I find them? I am really so confused!

Need some explanation. Just point to early steps which you think I need to find out provided details in the above link.

I am so newbie in this kind of patching.

Report is attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I guess I found what's the early steps...

opening System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Then editing it via a hex-editor app

Correct?

Solved!

Anyone who has Intel HD 4400 (esp. Lenovo Flex 2) try this:

• open System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
• This file is a unix executable file. So you need to use a hex-editor app like hex fiend
• Press ctrl+f in order to appear FindReplace section. Replace first code with second one:
Find: <0600260a 01030303 00000002 00003001 00006000>
Replace: <0600260a 01030202 00000002 00003001 00009000>

Done. If you reboot it will be applied and you won't be suffering from any lag anymore but probably you would have some graphical glitches. I extremely recommend you to do these stuffs :

Repair Permission & Rebuild Kext Caches USING Kext Wizard
Terminal this command!
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Last edited:
Solved!

Anyone who has Intel HD 4400 (esp. Lenovo Flex 2) try this:

• open System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
• This file is a unix executable file. So you need to use a hex-editor app like hex fiend
• Press ctrl+f in order to appear FindReplace section. Replace first code with second one:
Find: <0600260a 01030303 00000002 00003001 00006000>
Replace: <0600260a 01030202 00000002 00003001 00009000>

Done. If you reboot it applied and you no experine any lag anymore but probably you suffer from graphic glitches. So I extremely recommend you to do these stuffs :

Repair Permission & Rebuild Kext Caches USING Kext Wizard
Terminal this command!
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Always Have Perseverance ;)

Patches are best done with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

Hi everyone
I have same problem with my dell 5458 broadwell 10.13.1, lag and freeze after sleep and at log in window
this patch working for broadwell??
thank you

Attachments

• debug_11921.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hi everyone
I have same problem with my dell 5458 broadwell 10.13.1, lag and freeze after sleep and at log in window
this patch working for broadwell??
thank you

Your ioreg shows:
- SMBIOS truncation: Use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true
- VoodooTSCSync: not recommended. Remove and implement correct CPU PM. Guide is linked from the FAQ.
- USB configuration is wrong: See guide(s) linked from the FAQ.
- 3 ports in the framebuffer (two marked as HDMI)... unless your laptop has two external HDMI ports, you have not eliminated the unused ports. Patch the framebuffer such that only the ports necessary are present.
- Backlight control is not implemented correctly. Read here: ttps://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your ioreg shows:
- VoodooTSCSync: not recommended. Remove and implement correct CPU PM. Guide is linked from the FAQ.
- 3 ports in the framebuffer (two marked as HDMI)... unless your laptop has two external HDMI ports, you have not eliminated the unused ports. Patch the framebuffer such that only the ports necessary are present.
- Backlight control is not implemented correctly. Read here: ttps://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you so much @RehabMan
I'll try to doing like you said and I'll report you later

Your ioreg shows:

FAQ:

Hi @RehabMan sorry for late inform you, I on the way from other country yesterday
I do as directed by you, but I don't know to eliminated the unused port in the framebuffer
I just have one HDMI port and no have audio HDMI for now
I've try to connect HDMI device and I think is connected to port @1
I attach report and screenshoot ioreg befor/after connected HDMI audio
thank you so much for your help

This is attach

Attachments

• debug_13650.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 101
  • port 1 before connected HDMI device.png
    port 1 before connected HDMI device.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 86
  • port 2 before connected HDMI device.png