CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried following the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

I am upgrading from an existing working El Capitain installation. I upgraded Clover which showed the "Boot macOS Install" option (previously, this option didn't show), however after booting, I just see a white screen and a loading spinner.

I tried Clover v2.3k_r3763 and Clover v2.3k_r3751 and booted with: -f -v which I believe disabled caches.

When booting "Boot macOS Install", it takes about 5 minutes to boot and then shows a white screen with a spinner (attached). The system does not lock up and the monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes and wakes up when pressing space without issues, but it only shows the loading spinner and seems to just be stuck there.

My "About This Mac" shows iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) so it's not a System Definitions issue.

EDIT: Solved, I had to put FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:
I tried following the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

It seems Without Caches is not an option in Clover v2.3k_r3763 but I booted with: -f -v which I believe disabled caches.

When booting "Boot macOS Install", it takes about 5 minutes to boot and then shows a white screen with a spinner (attached). The system does not lock up and the monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes and wakes up when pressing space without issues, but it only shows the loading spinner and seems to just be stuck there.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also tried to use Clover v2.3k_r3751 and getting the same white screen and spinner.
i had same issue so i went for upgrading from el capitian rather the clean install
untill the unibeats and multibeast gets released hope this would be fixed by then
now i'm using my upgraded version from el cap to sierra with some borken stuff
so if you already have el cap installed i guess u can do an upgrade as a normal mac just be sure to update ur bootloader befor starting the upgrade prosess that's it + i would suggest to put ur install app in a diffrent place since the upgrade process will delete it :)

Try putting FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I am following the "Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover".

Not very well obviously :)

The Guide said:
2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Anyway, good to see it's working now :thumbup:

I copied to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the USB clover stick (I managed to break clover on the boot drive, heh) - but fixing Clover and putting the kext in the right place resolved it, thank you for your help :) -- Fingers crossed it will boot, 15 minutes remaining for the installation.

I'm having the same issue except I've always had Fakesmc in /Other. Elsewhere online I've seen support for using Slice's Fakesmc branch however I can't build it in Xcode without errors. I've tried Kozlek's latest from rehabman and the one available from this site. I am on the latest clover so booting without caches is no longer possible as the guide recommends. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back