Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Which SMBIOS to install Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU
Intel i5 4460 Quad Core
Graphics
Radeon R9 280
Can someone direct me to which SMBIOS I could use for my build so I am able to download and install OS X Sierra?

I'm currently running Mac 3,1 however, I'm told this Mac isn't compatible for OS X Sierra.
Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: Intel i5 4460 Quad Core
GPU: Radeon R9 280
Mobo: Gigabyte H81M-S2H

iMac 14,2 is suggested for general use.

Perfect. If I change my SMBIOS, will I have to reconfigure my iMessage by generating a new serial etc?

Perfect. If I change my SMBIOS, will I have to reconfigure my iMessage by generating a new serial etc?
That's a good question for @P1LGRIM to answer. I'm not an iMessage user so haven't tried that.

I would generate a complete new SMBIOS but others have stated that iMessage still works with your old values and the new system definition. I can neither confirm or deny this as I have never tried it but it should be easy enough to test.

Hi guys, I managed to change my SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 however, I now have no sound driver installed.

Can someone direct me to what sound driver I can install?

I'm connected via a 3.5mm jack from my Mobo to my Speakers.
Mobo: H81M-S2H
Running El Capitan. 10.11.6

Can someone direct me to which SMBIOS I could use for my build so I am able to download and install OS X Sierra?

I'm currently running Mac 3,1 however, I'm told this Mac isn't compatible for OS X Sierra.
Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: Intel i5 4460 Quad Core
GPU: Radeon R9 280
Mobo: Gigabyte H81M-S2H

Update:
Managed to change my SMBIOS to 14,2 and system worked perfectly fine after it.
I just had one mere problem of re-configuring iMessage and re-installing a Kext for my Audio.

In Multibeast go to Drivers > Audio > Realtek > ALC 887 select that and then build. For iMessage look for P1LGRIMS Idiots guide to iMessage and follow that step by step.

Hello,
I'm using a new NUC8i7BEH2 system with high sierra and I believe that all Tipps from other motherboards are difficult for me. Where can I learn to build a new SMBIOS by myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back