Contribute
Register

[Solved] What RX580 brand supports 3 DP displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Anybody use 3 DP output displays with RX580?

What brand's RX580 supports 3 DP display with Mojave?

I connected to 3 DP monitors to my XFX RX580, only 2 working. So frustrating.

Please help me out.

Anybody use 3 DP output displays with RX580?

What brand's RX580 supports 3 DP display with Mojave?

I connected to 3 DP monitors to my XFX RX580, only 2 working. So frustrating.

Please help me out.

Do you have WEG installed? I would guess you should be able to get video out of all DP and the HDMI. Or are you saying that only two of them work at a time? Try the port that is not working when 3 by itself.

I installed Lilu+WEG in /L/E folder. Only 2 DP is working when 3 DP connected. Tried to change ports between DPs. Found out only that specific DP port is NOT working. macOS recognized all displays. Mouse is going into that monitor, but not showing anything. Thanks a lot.

I installed Lilu+WEG in /L/E folder. Only 2 DP is working when 3 DP connected. Tried to change ports between DPs. Found out only that specific DP port is NOT working. macOS recognized all displays. Mouse is going into that monitor, but not showing anything. Thanks a lot.

MacOS will detect when a monitor is plugged in even if the monitor is not active, for example if I plug a second DisplayPort cable into my second monitor it will show a third monitor in MacOS. Or even if the monitor is turned off but still plugged into the HDMI port or one the the TB3 ports. The monitor will show up in display properties.

When you plug only one monitor into the one port that is not working and nothing else does it work?

Have you tried different monitors on the DP that is not working?

Is the non working monitor selecting the correct source input?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I did like this. I have 3 identical DP monitors.

1. all connected 3 DP. only the third ports doesn't work. Recognized in the os. the third monitor shows black.
2. all connected 3 DP. change the order of the ports. only the third ports doesn't work. Recognized in the os. but this time I changed the order. the first or second one is black now which is connected on the third DP port.
3. 2 DP connected on the first and second ports. works as it is.
4. 2 DP connected on (the first or second) and the third ports. The monitor shows black that is connected on the third port
5. 1 DP connected on the third ports. The monitor shows black.

I guess definitely the third DP ports shows nothing.

Outside?? I INSTALLED Lilu+WEG in /L/E folder.
For the SMbios, I tried iMac14,2 iMac15,1 MacPro 5,1 MacPro 6,1 iMacPro 1,1
Only iMac14,2 is working smoothly other than the 3rd DP. The other ones are working but there's some glitch on the graphics.

"Outside" is another way of saying "other then"... Based on the troubleshooting your have done It seems like the port is not enabled or maybe it is partly. I would say to use the third monitor on the HDMI port but the colors will then not look the same. You could try to add the black screen patch located under Kernel and kext Patches in clover. I know that most Kexts and even many guide say to put the kexts in L/E/ but try removing them from L/E/ and placing them in Other. If you are using the IMacPro 1,1 you should also disable the IGPU in the bios if it is not already.

Thanks a lot for the advise. Let me try this as soon as possible which would be on Sunday. I will reply it with a result. Hope it will fix it.
But, with HDMI, it will be the same resolution/frequency like DP??

Thanks a lot for the advise. Let me try this as soon as possible which would be on Sunday. I will reply it with a result. Hope it will fix it.
But, with HDMI, it will be the same resolution/frequency like DP??
Did u try enabling csm on bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back